Mazda launches Roadster restoration program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda launches Roadster restoration program

This sounds interesting...won't be cheap, but certainly worth it to some.

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/news...ation-program/
    06 True Red Touring - Eibach Springs & Sways - Koni Sports - Enthuzacar NC Cruiser Exhaust - Auto Exe wheel & shift knob - '13 Club Edition seats - Hella Supertones - a Protege5 used as the daily backpack.

Too late, already did it.

Comment

I bet it is at least $25k for a basic restoration from them. Nissan did the same thing for the 240-280z about 15-20 years ago. They did about 40 cars before they ran out of people willing to spend that kind of money on a (then) $10k car.

http://jalopnik.com/what-happened-to-all-the-datsun-240zs-nissan-restored-i-1583370936
      92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

cool their doing it, but going to be ludicrously expensive and there are still too many amazing examples out there for a reasonable price. The part support part sounds more interesting to me, i wonder what all will become available. lots of people might be able to complete their own restorations depending
        1997 mx-5

Comment

The LE guys will shart their pants if the red interior pieces become available again. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Shwing View Post
            cool their doing it, but going to be ludicrously expensive and there are still too many amazing examples out there for a reasonable price. The part support part sounds more interesting to me, i wonder what all will become available. lots of people might be able to complete their own restorations depending

So far they have announced Bridgestone SF325 tires and the Nardi shift knob. The tires are likely just the tread pattern on current tire so with the limited run expect about $400 ea. The shift knob you can still buy from Nardi today (Evolution?) at about $175 full retail and $90 on sale so curious what the Mazda markup will be.
            92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

Working...
            X