Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Considering selling my 2013 Club... Thoughts on Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering selling my 2013 Club... Thoughts on Pricing?

I've been toying around with the idea of selling my NC and maybe back into another 97M. I don't drive it too much, and its not my DD, so I don't really need a PRHT, and could have just as much fun in an NA. Plus they're fun to tinker with.

Thoughts on pricing?

It's a 2013 NC Club PRHT with 24,000 miles.

I could sell as is with all of these parts:
    Cravenspeed Stubby antenna
    SuperbrightLEDs rear license plate lamp bulbs
    Triton V3 turn signal & brake light LEDs
    LED foglamp DRLs
    JDM Foglamp housings
    Plastdipped emblems
    eBay trunk spoiler

SuperbrightLEDs interior light
    Guardian custom steering wheel
    Voodoo black shift knob
    CG Lock

Ohlins Road & Track coilovers
    Racing Beat sway bars
    17x9 Enkei RPF1 gunmetal powder coated wheels
    Custom old school M center caps
    235/40R17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires
    Agency Power Front Brace
    Agency Power Middle Brace
    IL Motorsport Rear lower Performance Bar
    IL Motorsport MX5 X-Brace
    IL Motorsport MX5 Miata Shock Tower Brace

GWR Roadstersport Max Power Header (Ceramic Coated version)
    GWR Roadstersport Midpipe
    GWR Roadstersport Super-Q Exhaust
    Tuning Done Right ECU Tune

I could remove all of the aftermarket parts, as I have all of the stock parts too.

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
    1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Oh for heavens sake! If you would've considered this in May, I'd likely be driving it!

Prices for Clubs are all over the place. Finding a clean PRHT Club with low mileage AND a manual isn't an easy task. In fact, it seems like the majority )or maybe just half) of NC2 and NC3 examples are automatic. Sure, there are some decent ones for 17k-ish, maybe even a little less, but none of those are as clean as this one. I had a hard time finding mine and I was willing to pay a premium.

I have no no idea how I'd price this one. You know this market just as well as me or anyone else that's been around. Putting a price on the modifications is tough. Someone like me would be willing to pay, but a lot of people aren't. Ugh. Tough call.

I am curious to see where this goes so I'm hanging around to watch.

Whatever you decide, good luck! I'll be sad to see this one go, if that's the direction you choose. Frankly, you may be sad, as well!
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

Bring it to MatG this weekend and put a big "For Sale" sign on it, with a printout of the mods and rest of the info about the car. I bet you'll sell it.

Otherwise, return it to stock and sell the mods. The car is more likely to sell if it's bone stock.
      2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Originally posted by CaveRacing View Post
        Oh for heavens sake! If you would've considered this in May, I'd likely be driving it!

Prices for Clubs are all over the place. Finding a clean PRHT Club with low mileage AND a manual isn't an easy task. In fact, it seems like the majority )or maybe just half) of NC2 and NC3 examples are automatic. Sure, there are some decent ones for 17k-ish, maybe even a little less, but none of those are as clean as this one. I had a hard time finding mine and I was willing to pay a premium.

I have no no idea how I'd price this one. You know this market just as well as me or anyone else that's been around. Putting a price on the modifications is tough. Someone like me would be willing to pay, but a lot of people aren't. Ugh. Tough call.

I am curious to see where this goes so I'm hanging around to watch.

Whatever you decide, good luck! I'll be sad to see this one go, if that's the direction you choose. Frankly, you may be sad, as well!
        Yeah, I am not completely sold on selling, just sort of getting some ideas. As I put some more thought into it, and I talked to some friends and my wife tonight, Im not so sure I am ready to let this one go.

I have let some cars go in the past, but they had some glaring issues...

My Subaru 2.5RS was such an awesome car... but it had a lot of rust underneath it, and the trans had a bad bearing. Sold it and made money on that one, so it wasn't too hard. I'd love another one some day, but that may not happen.

The Blue 95 Miata was pretty dope too, and I sold it... but it had been in a wreck, and the door never closed just right, and it really needed some more love to get it to run better. It had heat issues, and idle problems.

I think my NC is mint, exhibits no problems, so there isn't really a glaring issue to sell it before it rots... I guess sometimes its hard to think I've got a lot of money tied up in this one, and I only get to drive it here and there, it doesn't get too much mileage on it. Which I guess could be considered a good thing too. I'm not hurting for money, I guess change is just fun.

I also dread having to revert it back to stock. Changing out suspension and exhaust isn't all that entertaining, haha.

1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Zadnak View Post
          Bring it to MatG this weekend and put a big "For Sale" sign on it, with a printout of the mods and rest of the info about the car. I bet you'll sell it.

Otherwise, return it to stock and sell the mods. The car is more likely to sell if it's bone stock.
          Sadly I wont be able to make it to MATG, I'm getting back in to Atlanta tomorrow, and then driving out to East Tennessee for 2 weeks for work on Sunday. :/

I do agree, I guess reverting it back to stock would be the best way to sell it. Its not often I can find buyers like Lee that would buy it as is with everything on it.
          Last edited by LagunaRoadster; 08-02-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

If someone is considering getting an NC and going the Cosworth route, this is the package I like it best on. We've done a few, and this generation NC with the PHRT makes a really nice blend of sports car/GT car with the blower.

He's already taken care of the suspension and the exhaust with some nice quality stuff. All it needs for the extra power is a clutch/maybe flywheel. Just sayin'

As for your question, it is hard. All those upgrades only add value to the right person. 13k-16K?
            Originally posted by Beastinthebushes
            Do lots and lots of reading and research. Lots of vendors sell suspension, not just FM.

Comment

Did a search and found a comparable car at a local dealer.
              https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...d_opt=usedmake

I would say around 18k would be a fair place to start on pricing.
              The mods are nice but rarely add to the value of the car.
              2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

Comment

Working...
              X