Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC input wanted!

So I have my eyes on a 2006 NC Miata.

I would like your guys' input on price based on the info given to me by the seller. Is the price fair for 164k??

" It's around 164000 miles, asking 6700. All scheduled maintenance, new cloth top, new leather steering wheel, and new clutch. Everything is tip top except for the passenger airbag light and the CD player is broken (Sirius and FM/AM work). She runs like a champ though, all stock except the shifter and upgraded top."
    IMG_44131.jpg
    Screenshot_20170717-210110.jpg

I have driven it 2 years ago and remember loving it. What do you guys and gals think?
    Marta

I think that's a sub $6000 car.

I paid about $4,300 for my NC - Laci this spring. She wasn't exactly clean but had some hand written records and overall was in decent shape at 186,000 miles. Could have used a top and tires. Suspect original clutch.

The used car market is all over the map right now. I feel like prices are ridiculous at the moment.
    sigpic
    Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

Comment

The airbag light will scare away 99.9% or buyers as I would expect it is a $2k fix at the dealer. The CarMax price would likely be $3K or less with tat mileage. If you want that car, you are in a strong position to negotiate it down. How's the CarFax?
      David Luney - Suwanee GA
      [email protected]
      04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick02R View Post
        I think that's a sub $6000 car.

I paid about $4,300 for my NC - Laci this spring. She wasn't exactly clean but had some hand written records and overall was in decent shape at 186,000 miles. Could have used a top and tires. Suspect original clutch.

The used car market is all over the map right now. I feel like prices are ridiculous at the moment.
        Thanks for your input!

Originally posted by miatastuff View Post
        The airbag light will scare away 99.9% or buyers as I would expect it is a $2k fix at the dealer. The CarMax price would likely be $3K or less with tat mileage. If you want that car, you are in a strong position to negotiate it down. How's the CarFax?
        Interesting point.

P.s. I just realized my email didnt send. Emailijng you now
        Marta

Comment

I also think thats pricey for the car. IMO, A high mileage 06 will cap out around 6k. If all of the replaced parts are high quality, and the work done was high quality, 6 may be fair, but I'd really put that car around 5500

The CD player is a relatively common problem. Not hard or expensive to fix, but you do have to pull the radio, take it apart, and superglue a tab that breaks. I didn't find it worth it, with the other audio options available, even with the stock unit.

The airbag light is also pretty common. this is generally fixed by wiggling the airbag plug under the seat, and making sure that it is securely plugged in.
          2012 MX-5 PRHT Touring Kuro Clone Build Thread

Comment

Those headlights being fogged really hurt the appearance too. Consider the cost of replacements when negotiating.. Indicates the car sat outside its whole life as well.
            The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
            http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you to everyone that has provided input so far!

I think I may pass on this one.. for 3k more I'm finding NC's with 90k less miles..
              Marta

Comment

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/6228797750.html

higher miles, but 1st owner did some nice updates. It's escaping me who that was, but they are here.
                David Luney - Suwanee GA
                [email protected]
                04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Originally posted by miatastuff View Post
                  http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/6228797750.html

higher miles, but 1st owner did some nice updates. It's escaping me who that was, but they are here.
                  This is Lance's old car and the owner is a friend. PM if you have questions.
                  2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Working...
                  X