Miata leather seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miata leather seats

From what everyone tells me the passenger seat cannot be switched into the driver seat. But can the passenger top part of the seat be switched to the driver side?

I don't know for certain, but you should try to look at them side-by-side. Look at the uphostery and see if there are any irregularities in the upholstery patterns that wouldn't allow you to do what you want. I'm referring to recesses for seatbelts or mechanisms. There are some upholstery pulls moulded into the foam under the covers that you need to release to remove the leather. Zip ties or hog rings should do the job to swap the covers.

Comment

I am talking about switching the complete top of the seat, not just the cover. They look symmetrical, but wanted to confirm before I attempt.

Comment

Okay investigated further, I think you cant do either.

Comment

I've got a Racing Beat black seat upholstery kit. It's a very high quality pleather, a whole bunch better than Mazda's leather choice. I assume Mazda sourced the leather from mice or other thin skinned creatures. I've seen cracked leather in two year old seats!
          Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
          RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Working...
          X