No announcement yet.

can anyone recommend a good paint shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone recommend a good paint shop?

so now that I've gotten all of my msm issues settled away its time for the next steps :clap:. One thing I've started saving for is I'd like to get the car repainted. Its not awful right now but I would really like it to be cleaner. Im planning on just going with the factory velocity red as to keep the cost down hopefully that way I don't have to worry about door jambs and the like. So was wondering if anyone had any places they recommend that are fairly budget friendly, im not looking for the cheapest out there but I'd like to keep the cost down.

I've read in older posts that cr auto collision in Snellville has done a good job for a reasonable price, can anyone confirm this? I have no problem doing a lot of the prep work myself to keep the cost down which should help some.
    1997 mx-5

I've also gotten what seems to be really good quotes to get the whole car wrapped so that is also an open option
    1997 mx-5

Comment

so now that my na is sold its time to start seriously looking for a paint shop if anyone has any good recommendations. Im wanting to get it sprayed just the factory velocity red and can do a lot of the prep work myself
      1997 mx-5

Comment

What's your budget? If it's a grand or less: Maaco.

A high end paint shop isn't going to let you do your own prep work (the prep work is the most important part of the job), and they're going to be mid 4 to 5 digits for the job. A normal collision shop won't be interested in doing a whole car; it takes too long.

Maaco will do it for $600.
        DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
        | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
        | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
          What's your budget? If it's a grand or less: Maaco.

A high end paint shop isn't going to let you do your own prep work (the prep work is the most important part of the job), and they're going to be mid 4 to 5 digits for the job. A normal collision shop won't be interested in doing a whole car; it takes too long.

Maaco will do it for $600.
          i was trying to keep it somewhere between 1-2k. im going to try and give cr collision a call this weekend as I've found some posts on here that make it seem like they'll do a decent job for not too bad
          1997 mx-5

Comment

General collision in Marietta did a great job in painting my car. They also painted Maneuls white car. They were very reasonably priced.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
              General collision in Marietta did a great job in painting my car. They also painted Maneuls white car. They were very reasonably priced.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
              awesome i'll have to give them a call as well.
              1997 mx-5

Comment

Working...
              X