Alternator Pivot Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternator Pivot Bolt

Well, was at Road Atlanta this last weekend and seems along with my left rear wheel bearing going out, my Alternator Pivot bolt wiggled itself all the way out as well. Anybody know what size and length it is? Could probably experiment and figure that out but thought someone might know off the top of their head.

Also, got the car Dynoed for Time Trials re-classing and was putting out 135hp/115tq at the wheel right at 7k on stock injectors and fuel pump with the Jackson Racing supercharger, so happy about that. Got a set of red NB1s going to install soon to see if that helps cause the AFRs are pretty lean at WOT.

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?p=8194692

m10x1.25x100 - However, I have had a rebuilt alternator that came with a different thread pitch. Not sure if it's a NA6/NA8 difference.

Comment

I have the bolt in Suwanee as needed.
      David Luney - Suwanee GA
      [email protected]
      04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Have had a few occasions in endurance racing where that pivot bolt decides it's had enough of that crap and left. I drilled out the threads, used a different bolt and a lock nut. It worked fine and needed less time to replace during a race. Flipping the bolt around also cleared the additional oil plumbing behind it, used with a heat exchanger. I don't know why exactly, but NB alternators don't like racing environments. They seem to fail far more than NAs.

Comment

Originally posted by kung fu jesus View Post
          Have had a few occasions in endurance racing where that pivot bolt decides it's had enough of that crap and left. I drilled out the threads, used a different bolt and a lock nut. It worked fine and needed less time to replace during a race. Flipping the bolt around also cleared the additional oil plumbing behind it, used with a heat exchanger. I don't know why exactly, but NB alternators don't like racing environments. They seem to fail far more than NAs.
          So, bolt goes in from the front, with a nut on it then? I may need to try that :)
          ~Andrew
          Atlanta Region SCCA
          D Prepared Miata

Comment

Thanks for the offer though got a spare power steering bolt and used it for the time being.

Comment

Working...
            X