Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost 100k Miles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Almost 100k Miles

    So the miata is getting close to 100k miles and I'm in a spot where I can afford needed and recommended services. I don't think the previous owner swapped the belt(got it at 80k) so I'll do that and an oil change.

    Is there anything else I should be looking for or anything you guys recommend I do? Thanks.

    -Adam

  • #2
    100k is normally gonna be your timing belt, water pump, all other associated belts and pulleys on top of your normal fluids, plugs, ect
    1997 mx-5

    Comment


    • #3
      Wouldn't hurt to get a spare CPS and coil pack. Either, or both may last another 100K, or go out tomorrow. Also, check to see if your radiator has started to discolor and consider changing the trans oil (maybe, even the diff oil too).

      Comment


      • #4
        Alright great,thanks. I'll get all of that coming. I usually shoot for OEM parts but is there any other brands you guys recommend? I don't mind spending more on better quality/performance parts.

        Originally posted by rwyatt365 View Post
        Wouldn't hurt to get a spare CPS and coil pack. Either, or both may last another 100K, or go out tomorrow..
        My coil pack died on me at 92k miles. That was fun.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Aidam View Post
          Alright great,thanks. I'll get all of that coming. I usually shoot for OEM parts but is there any other brands you guys recommend? I don't mind spending more on better quality/performance parts.



          My coil pack died on me at 92k miles. That was fun.
          I would think oem would be best for all of these applications
          1997 mx-5

          Comment


          • #6
            Everyone has a different opinion on Trans fluid, but I will say I'm personally very happy with the Redline 75W90 I used in my NB. It especially helped the 1-2 shift on cold mornings. Just my 2 cents.

            Also, because no one has mentioned it, I would recommend checking/changing your slave cylinder.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Take the time to replace the cam and crank seals. Replace ALL the coolant hoses. I recommend getting a couple yards of tubing and replacing all the vacuum hoses as well. Flush the coolant system.

              Comment


              • #8
                Take your miata to an autocross or track day to celebrate this momentous occasion.
                2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
                2017 NV3500

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks everyone for the great info.

                  Originally posted by eyeballs View Post
                  Take your miata to an autocross or track day to celebrate this momentous occasion.
                  That's another reason why I wanna get a bunch of these services done, I wanna take her to a track :D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CAKELIE View Post
                    Everyone has a different opinion on Trans fluid, but I will say I'm personally very happy with the Redline 75W90 I used in my NB. It especially helped the 1-2 shift on cold mornings. Just my 2 cents.
                    I've used Redline and Motul - frankly, I couldn't tell the difference. Just my $0.02

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I am not quite sure about it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You'll want to do your 60K/120K service which includes;
                        - Timing Belt
                        - Timing Belt Tensioner
                        - Timing Belt Idler
                        - Water Pump
                        - Cam Seals
                        - Crank Seal
                        - Thermostat
                        - Thermostat Gasket
                        - Alternator/Water Pump Belt
                        - A/C & Power Steering Belt
                        - Valve Cover Gasket
                        - Coolant Flush

                        I would also replace;
                        - Spark Plug Wires
                        - Spark Plugs
                        - Upper & Lower Radiator Hoses
                        - Vacuum Lines
                        - Differential Fluid
                        - Trainsmission Fluid & Turret Fluid
                        (Best time to check your shifter bushings/boot)

                        Other things to check/inspect while under the hood performing these services;
                        - Clutch Fluid
                        - Clutch Master & Slave Cylinders
                        - Clutch Line (If it's dry and hard, replace with extended stainless steel one)
                        - Brake Fluid (If it's dirty, bleed all four corners with new fluid)
                        - Power Steering Fluid (If it's dirty, flush with new fluid)

                        I hope this helps and gives you a good idea! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any of these services performed as I do them all at a low cost! You can find a review thread on me in the "Reviews" section of the Forum!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X