Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of any good body work/paint shops close to the Atlanta area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of any good body work/paint shops close to the Atlanta area?

My hard tip for my ND will be here either today or tomorrow, and I am wanting to get it painted and car worthy(instead of race worthy)

I am wanting it to look as factory as possible, and to match my jet black mica paint perfectly. After reviewing the ND hardtop thread on Miata.net, I'm expecting some work will be needed done to the top, such as a little extra sanding and whatnot(see attached pictures of another owners top work). Then the window and seals will need to be installed.

So, can any of you guys recommend a good body shop that I can trust would be able to do this? Preferably on the south side of Atlanta, but any will do as long as they're confident in their abilities. Thanks!

belwo are some pictures of a ND top that another owner purchased and had painted soul red. For some reason when I uploaded these pictures they uploaded backwards, and won't let me fix them. But the top comes as shown in the last 2 pictures, and the other pictures show what work needed to be done to it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cxmoney; 02-27-2017, 03:28 AM.

General Collision in Marietta. They painted my orange car and Manuel's white car. The work is top notch.

Comment

I have a guy that paints at his house in White, Ga.. He has painted lots of stuff for me, including my Miata.
      1991 with Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Ford conversion/ 382whp/376tq

Comment

Can you not order the top from Mazda in color?
        David Luney - Suwanee GA
        [email protected]
        04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Originally posted by miatastuff View Post
          Can you not order the top from Mazda in color?
          David,

unfortunately mazda did NOT make and removable hardtops for the ND. Speculation seems because they have an overflow of NC tops that never sold in Japan. So they were letting the aftermarket take care of that, which they have for the most part. This top I have is made from DG motorsports. There are a few Japanese companies that has made them, but this DG top is the only one made in the US and to me is the one that looks the best currently. If someone comes out with a fastback in the future I'll be getting one of those though...

Comment

Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
            General Collision in Marietta. They painted my orange car and Manuel's white car. The work is top notch.
            thank you! I'll give them a call and try to get a quote

Originally posted by tbone heller View Post
            I have a guy that paints at his house in White, Ga.. He has painted lots of stuff for me, including my Miata.
            tbone, do you have an email or contact information for this gentleman? Would like to get a quote if possible. Thanks!

Comment

I saw Manuel's car just after he had it repainted and that was a beautiful paint job. Worth every penny of the three grand it cost. If you want a factory match, I'd expect a quote of around $600 to do it right.
              Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
              RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

I had my hardtop and a rear trunk spoiler matched to my 10AE and 5 years later they are still perfect.
                They used to go by Hot Wheels but because of obvious reasons could not keep using that name.
                John Holt is the owner and they do great work. It cost me about 325 but that was five years ago.

Holt Wheels Collision
                847 Barnes Mill Road

Marietta, Ga. 30062

770.427.0495 fax

[email protected]
                2020 Jet Black Mica GT RF

Comment

[QUOTE=

tbone, do you have an email or contact information for this gentleman? Would like to get a quote if possible. Thanks![/QUOTE]

P/M me your number & i will text you his contact info.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgrayfrog View Post
                    I saw Manuel's car just after he had it repainted and that was a beautiful paint job. Worth every penny of the three grand it cost. If you want a factory match, I'd expect a quote of around $600 to do it right.
                    that sounds good to me. Honestly I am expecting it to be more. But I'm not a painter and haven't done any body work so I guess my estimates are invalid. All I have to go by is the gentleman that got his painted(the pictures I used above) said it cost him $1,000. However he has the soul red paint and front what I've heard it is extremely hard to match that as it is, so I guess extra work is expected so that's why it was so expensive.

Originally posted by jester911 View Post
                    I had my hardtop and a rear trunk spoiler matched to my 10AE and 5 years later they are still perfect.
                    They used to go by Hot Wheels but because of obvious reasons could not keep using that name.
                    John Holt is the owner and they do great work. It cost me about 325 but that was five years ago.

Holt Wheels Collision
                    847 Barnes Mill Road

Marietta, Ga. 30062

770.427.0495 fax

[email protected]
                    thanks Jester! I'll give them a call

Originally posted by tbone heller View Post
                    P/M me your number & i will text you his contact info.
                    Tbone, PM inbound

Comment

Number sent!

Comment

If your still shopping quotes, Autoglo in Tucker has done some work for me and it was spot on. Web site is Autoglo.net

Comment

Working...
                        X