• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollbars FTW

Jack, take it down if it's a repost
    http://www.danotech.com/miata/rolled.html
    Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
    Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

I still don't know why someone would own a Miata and not put a bar in it.

Comment

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post

My wife knows nothing about cars, never been around them or dated anyone who was before me. When I got my first Miata and we were engaged, I told her I was gonna put a roll bar in it (figuring she would complain), and without hesitation she said that would be a great idea, it would save someone if the car rolled over. She got it. Why haven't other folks? I have been unable to afford one for my current miata, but its on the "to do" list with the wife's approval no less.
      91 BRG #3240
      Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
      Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Comment

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
        idk either

wait wut.

Comment

If it's on the to do list that's fine, but not wanting one, no idea lol. Safe, plus looks 10x better.

Comment

pfft stupid roll bars add weight to car...... the excuse i have heard from number of car drivers
            1990 Red Turbo Miata BEGI kit GT2860RS
            RC550 Injectors/walbro fuel pump/MSPNp/1.6l with built bottom end/ factory head and original valve train.:banana:

Comment

I would have done it sooner if they weren't so expensive. Mostly because it's not one of those "cool" mods like suspension or an exhaust, ya know? Obviously it's a necessity though. I'm really glad I'm getting in on that group buy.
              1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

I want the same one that Mike has in his. His car is pretty much perfect except for the color.

Comment

I don't understand your argument. Half the cars on the site you linked had no rollbar and with only 1 (serious) exception there were no injuries reported. Even with style bars, there really were not serious injuries reported.

FWIW, the 10AE half way through was MarkP's car. He rolled it exactly 1 week after installing the rollbar. The bar was installed by his wife's mandate.
                  DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                  | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                  | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

i wasn't making an argument, just showing pics of rolled miatas.
                    made me glad i had a rollbar

Comment

Not necessarily just directed at you, hence why I did not quote.
                      Just pointing out that according to the link, rollover survival with low/no injury without a rollbar is statistically very good.

Of course in reality, this is a very small sample, too small to draw conclusions. But of all the miata rollovers I have knowledge of, I only know of 1 fatality. Oddly enough it was in GA. I don't recall if he had a bar or not, at the time it wasn't important. Cause of the rollover was intoxication and speeding.

There was another rollover recently in a car with a rollbar. Passenger suffered major neck/back injuries.

Otherwise, everyone I've known or known of who has had a miata rollover did not suffer injury, with or without rollbar.
                      DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                      | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                      | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

thats amazing that they didn't
                        i was suprised to find this miata is one hundred bucks less on my insurance than my volvo was. A VOLVO for God's sake,
                        she said the Miata had a 40% safety rating whatever that means
                        irregardless i hope to never become victim of a rollover

from the pics it looks as if the windshield crush would completely phuck someone up

Comment

I rolled. Had a Hard Dog Hard Core Single Diagnal and 4 point harness. No injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelgänger View Post
                            I rolled. Had a Hard Dog Hard Core Single Diagnal and 4 point harness. No injuries.

How? Did you get mad and turn green then take it out on the miata?
                            91 BRG #3240
                            Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
                            Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Comment

I genuinely don't see how people surive a rollover without a bar. The luck must be through the roof. I'm glad I've got mine and for all the stuff about hitting your head over bumps, which is damn near impossible with a bar located above and behind the seat, I feel a ton safer.

Comment

Working...
                              X