Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty nasty miata build

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...5#post37657635

yesh, It is on IA, but figured ya'll would be interested.
    Kinda inherited the car from my Grandfather. Its a love hate relationship. lol

sick!
    colorful...but sick nonetheless
    Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
    Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

Comment

Looking for 400 on pump. Ouch

Comment

:lol: wish I could remember my ia info!

Comment

Lol, I see a few of us looking at it

Comment

Jack gets on IA all the time he's lying.

Comment

I simply love it there. But I really didn't remember my info :lol:

Comment

He's planning on bringing it to the dyno day to surprise a few of us... :)

In any case, I see a lot of turbo mods, but no mention of supporting mods inside the engine to support 350+whp. Even with a dead solid tune, there's only two people that are running 300+whp boosted on OEM internals currently. Does anyone know if the engine was built? Doesn't look like there's a coolant reroute either.

I applaud the work and parts though. Just needs finishing IMO. If you're going to go that far, might as well go all the way.

Originally posted by miata5620
                Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Yeah that's a good point, can't imagine the stock pistons will hold up that well with that power, forged would probably be needed. I hope he's coming out, would be good to see in person.

Comment

Yeah, every dyno day needs a catastrophic failure!

Just so long as it happens after my run....
                    ITBs RULE!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!
                    I'm using ITBs on stock internals!!
                    sigpic
                    Chean Chay: they dont have pho in mexico
                    Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
                    -Ambrose Bierce
                    here's the thing. if you disagree with someone's opinion, having better hair does not make you right. it makes you a ******bag.

Comment

i "think" it was already turbo'd before. not sure if it is built or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-MX5ATLanta.com View Post
                        Yeah that's a good point, can't imagine the stock pistons will hold up that well with that power, forged would probably be needed. I hope he's coming out, would be good to see in person.
                        pistons arent the problem from what ive seen but more or less the rods.

Comment

:lol: if I was going to put down that type of power from a 1.8l four banger you can guarantee damn well I'ld do the pistons too. Just not worth taking the risk with the rest of the motor in my books.

Comment

:lol: Foo.

At that power goal, it's all of the above. If the tune is even a little off, detonation will destroy the ring lands and/or the rods.
                            The stress of that power will push the rods over the edge eventually.
                            And if his cylinder temps get high enough, the hypereutectic pistons will actually expand so much that they'll seize into the cylinder walls. I've seen the aftermath of that in person. It sucks and it's cool all at the same time.
                            Forged pistons and rods for our cars now can be found so cheaply from CAT, M-tuned, Belfab, etc. that it's crazy not to go ahead and build at least that much when you're building something so extreme.

What still gets me is that it sounds like it's going to see some track time and there's not a coolant reroute going on. But I digress.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Whew. OK. So the internals are forged. And there is a coolant reroute, it's just using the dual thermostat design... Sweetness.

Comment

Working...
                              X