My car got beat up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car got beat up.

Poor Sonic lost the battle with the hail last night. It even punched a hole in the top. Going to the body shop for an estimate tomorrow.......Jim
    If I'm not in the Miata, I'm out dragging my knee.

Wow that's awful. I'm thankful we didn't get any crazy hail here.

Comment

i was contemplating grabbing my cat and a pack of camel lights, then proceeding to the nearest ditch. i don't do the tornado warning hide in a bathroom bullsh!t
      Originally posted by VERY FLUSH
      Trust me.my education is far surpass other people

Comment

Originally posted by zoomnorwegianzoom View Post
        i was contemplating grabbing my cat and a pack of camel lights, then proceeding to the nearest ditch. i don't do the tornado warning hide in a bathroom bullsh!t
        supposed to get in the toilet and shut the lid
        sigpicLance
        2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
        2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
        1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

Wow it never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape people get about Tornado Warnings and Hail and all that crap in Georgia. I lived in Florida for ten years...you people don't know weather. We specially built out house to withstand hurricanes with the latest technology (at the time) possible. We sat thru hurricanes, tornados dropping in the back yard and at school, hail, etc.

That is all.
          1997 Nissan Maxima SE - Manual.. V6.. 0-60 in..6.6 seconds? WTFM8?!

1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL - Lightened, Epi-penned, and quick.

Comment

but they're funny looking
            | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

man wtf, i was hoping for some hail on my car to help for a paint job.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jim. We had some pretty extensive damage to cars this way too from the baseball sized hail. And I saw some pictures at work today of grapefruit sized hail from Tyrone. Let us know how it turns out.

Originally posted by miata5620
                Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

How the **** does hail get that big? It was warm too. Hail in England is like rice krispie size at max.

Comment

Originally posted by Acesanugal View Post
                    Wow it never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape people get about Tornado Warnings and Hail and all that crap in Georgia. I lived in Florida for ten years...you people don't know weather. We specially built out house to withstand hurricanes with the latest technology (at the time) possible. We sat thru hurricanes, tornados dropping in the back yard and at school, hail, etc.

That is all.
                    haha i know the feeling. Try being born in the north and then have to deal with the people in the south b***h about a 1/2 of snow.:facepalm:
                    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Aces, I was not bent out of shape. I was just conveying the effects of the storms on my car. JDM88. Hail is formed by water that is forced upwards in the center of a storm cell up to altitudes of up to 40k ft. where the temperature may be -50 f. It freezes, falls, gains water, forced back up, may happen many times before hitting the ground. By the way, don't insure with geico. The adjuster blew off my appointment today. I may take the car back to NC to be repaired. Most body shops in the area are booked for 2 weeks. Hopefully they will replace the top.
                      If I'm not in the Miata, I'm out dragging my knee.

Comment

Working...
                      X