miata shops in atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miata shops in atlanta

just wondering what some good miata shops in atlanta are. i know GTE is great for alignments and suspension work but what about places for maintance and other work? my friend told me about rspeed in marietta has anyone done business with them? since i moved into an apt dont have access to my tools, all of them are in storage, so need to find some good places to get work done at.
    1999 10th AE # 5620, Mods: It's Stock..ish.
    sigpic

RE: miata shops in atlanta

I use Jim Ellis Marietta for both my 6 and my NC. They are always fair, honest, and I've built a great relationship with them. If you go, ask for Eddie and tell him Lee sent you.

Other than the dealership, I've used Mazcare in Marietta. They've been around a long time and are always very fair and reputable. A buddy of mine new the owner so I started going there with my NA several years ago.

I've heard good things about RSpeed, but have never had any work done there before.

Good luck!
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

thanks for the input i really dont trust dealers anymore seems like they all have young guys working there who do basic warranty work on the new cars and dont have a clue about the older ones. not saying all dealers are like it but with my 2001 mustang i had i was talking to there tech and he didnt know anything about the car and same has happen to a few other friends of mine with different cars. i am just picky and want high end servce and knowlege on my low end budget.
      sigpic

Comment

RSpeed is a great outfit, nice people. Depending on what you need are in the market for they may be able to help...it never hurts to talk to them. Give Joe, Taylor, or Sonja a call.
        sigpic

Comment

try mazcare in Marietta if you would prefer an independent,they really know there stuff
          01 Mica Green, Enthuza muffler, Rota wheels, TEIN springs, RB sways, Big assed stripe that adds 20hp

Comment

I am a big fan of Mazcare. Charlie (owner -operator) has become a good friend since I started taking my cars there. And when u go there, it's Charlie, Alan who handles the admin, and Clint. (well, and Boo the dog)
            You will basically be speaking face to face with the owner and person working on your car.

If you get a chance when you are there, ask if one of the RxV8's is in the building. Charlie builds a super mean second gen Rx7 with an LS1 Vette engine in it. He has done a few, and man - a 400 hp 2nd gen is some kind fun to ride in! :D
            97 Red - Koni adjustables w/ RB springs, RB intake exhaust and unresonated pipe, F+R sways, Exedy clutch, Act Prolite Fly, NGK, Redline, Brainstorm rollbar, Sparco pedals, Hawk Plus pads, Voodoo, Hankook RS2 on Enkei RPF1.
            Maintained by Mazcare.

Comment

Another one for Mazcare, they'll do you right :)
              ~Andrew
              Atlanta Region SCCA
              D Prepared Miata

Comment

I think I'll be heading to Mazcare once my car's clicking noise gets to me. They're literally right up the street from me. I was less than enthused with R Speed after they refused to install my swaybar mounts.
                Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Comment

Originally posted by thx712517
                  I was less than enthused with R Speed after they refused to install my swaybar mounts.
                  In fairness...
                  Shops have the right to pick whatever type work suits them.
                  RSpeed is a 'specialty' shop, they only do certain types of work...and selling imported aftermarket items is a mainstay for them. At this point, in terms of their 'shop', I think general service work for their long time customers is what they primarily do. They also do alot of wheel/tire packages and tire mounting.
                  Refusing to take your job isnt something you should be upset about...effing it up would be. To be perfectly honest, installing nickel dime items you supply wouldnt be high on my list of priorities either. :)

Joe is a person I would trust implicitly with my car. His reputation in the Miata community is long standing.

For typical general mechanical nonsense Mazcare is not a bad choice.
                  sigpic

Comment

yeah i wouldnt blame them for not intalling them for you even though i can understand it made you mad. i have talked to both shops rspeed and mazcare both are in the same price range on there work so who knows. i just know i need to visit one soon to get a timing belt done. i hate not having a garage and my tools around apt living isnt so wonderful when yoru a car guy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Either of those shops should be well able to take care of your timing belt service.
                      One may have a more open schedule that suits your needs.

You dont need a garage to do your belt...just some tools. :D
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah i know and i have the tools i need but they are all in storage plus right now i dont really have the time. tools are easy to come by i work for harbor freight so i get tools for stupidly cheap. plus i also have some good tools for things i use all the time and that i know the ones i sell at work suck.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miata5620
                          tools are easy to come by i work for harbor freight so i get tools for stupidly cheap.
                          Harbor Freight, ay? The one in Kennesaw? Speaking of, I need to come by and pick up one of those aluminum low profile jacks. A buddy of mine has one and it is awesome. Lightweight, rolls nicely, and works well.

:clap:
                          - Lee -
                          '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
                          '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

I have one of those jacks...been using it for a few years. They rock! :D
                            sigpic

Comment

If they did the stuff they used to, I wouldn't have an issue with it. When I first went by there after picking up my car, the dude pretty much did what he could to talk me out of buying anything from him. I've got my opinion, you can have yours.
                              Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X