Do you park in gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you park in gear?

I do, always leave it in 1st and handbrake on.
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

RE: Do you park in gear?

I do, too. 1st or reverse...depending on the grade and direction of the pavement.
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

I typically park in neutral, unless it is on a steep hill. I have a DIY clutch switch over ride, so I tend to reach in and crank the car before I sit down in the car.
      1995 Triple Black Miata

Comment

Originally posted by BFH miata
        I have a DIY clutch switch over ride,
        What does that consist of? A paper clip?? :D :D
        sigpic

Comment

no. i leave it in neutral(obviously, i ruled out everything with no) and leave the parking brake on. and i hate it when i let someone else drive my car and then they leave it in gear.

Comment

Always always always leave the car in gear with the emergency brake on and the wheel cranked over a bit. If I leave the car in neutral, I feel like something's wrong. Of course I also always put up the top and roll up the windows when I leave the car. The other convertible owners at work laugh at me for keeping my top up, windows up, and doors locked, but hey, I value my stuff and I don't want it stolen.
            Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Comment

Originally posted by redrumracer
              no. i leave it in neutral(obviously, i ruled out everything with no) and leave the parking brake on. and i hate it when i let someone else drive my car and then they leave it in gear.
              why do you hate it?

I differ in the locking up and roof up to you Kevin. I don't keep anything valuable in the car and have the trunk release disabled so if I do I just throw it in there. I figure they can have a peak around rather than cut the roof!

Comment

Originally posted by JDM88
                Originally posted by redrumracer
                why do you hate it?

I differ in the locking up and roof up to you Kevin. I don't keep anything valuable in the car and have the trunk release disabled so if I do I just throw it in there. I figure they can have a peak around rather than cut the roof!
                because im so use to it not being in gear and when i start it up i automatically let the clutch out, w/o checking the gear normally.

Comment

How come you didn't learn to leave it in gear? I've always been taught to do it as a precautionary measure in case the handbrake gets knocked off or disabled somehow.

Comment

I always leave mine in 1st.
                    Before I got in the habit I would hate when someone would drive it and leave it in gear just because I wasn't used to it. But now it's just automatic to me!
                    2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                    2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

only when parking on a hill, i usually grab a parking spot at work next to a curb so i just turn into that so sometimes i dont even do it then

Comment

in gear depending on the grade 1st or reverse. on the locking thing Id rather they take anything from the inside rather than cut my top.
                        01 Mica Green, Enthuza muffler, Rota wheels, TEIN springs, RB sways, Big assed stripe that adds 20hp

Comment

Depending on the incline and which way the car is facing, 1st or reverse with the e-brake on.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman
                            What does that consist of? A paper clip?? :D :D
                            Actually it is a nice piece of wire with spade connectors on each end. I don't half *** everything that I do DIY...
                            1995 Triple Black Miata

Comment

I leave mine in first gear with the handbrake on too. Feels sorta wrong if I get in and find it isn't in gear.

Comment

Working...
                              X