Windscreen Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Wipers

I'm in dire need of some new blades or wipers. Any recommendations? How well do the stockers wipe with good blades? Anyone use RainX?

RE: Windscreen Wipers

i just use the Bosch ones, always have worked great for me

Comment

I get new stock blades every two to three months. Even if you're cleaning the blades on a regular basis, they lose effectiveness pretty quickly. Since I can get them for so cheap I just keep throwing new ones on whenever I get bored.
      Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Comment

Rubbing alcohol will do wonders for an old set of oxidized wiper blades. Try wiping them down before you buy new ones. When your cloth is no longer black, you have removed all of the "funk".
        1991 with Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Ford conversion/ 382whp/376tq

Comment

Originally posted by thx712517
          I get new stock blades every two to three months. Even if you're cleaning the blades on a regular basis, they lose effectiveness pretty quickly. Since I can get them for so cheap I just keep throwing new ones on whenever I get bored.
          good god, mine are at least a year and a half old, they still work great

Comment

I think your Miata just shouldn't count. You get far better gas mileage, your wiper blades are immortal, and it's still fast even with a coolant leak.
            Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Comment

Originally posted by thx712517
              I think your Miata just shouldn't count. You get far better gas mileage, your wiper blades are immortal, and it's still fast even with a coolant leak.
              it only leaks out of the overflow tank, so as long as i dont keep coolant in it, it doesnt leak

Comment

:lol: I think I've noticed a bump in mileage switching to 89 for today's run due to the heat. I'm set for a high 20's mpg!

I think I'll give my wipers a good clean before I buy some.

Comment

I changed my wipers and got 3 more mpg!!!
                  01 Mica Green, Enthuza muffler, Rota wheels, TEIN springs, RB sways, Big assed stripe that adds 20hp

Comment

:lol: then it's decided!

Comment

I like Bosch Icon wipers, but theyre expensive.
                      sigpic

Comment

I second the Bosch Icon wipers. I don't have them on the NC, but I do on my 6. They work well.
                        - Lee -
                        '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
                        '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

I rarely use the windshield wipers, just a fresh coat of rain-x every few weeks.

Comment

I third the Icon wipers they kick raindrops a$$
                            01 Mica Green, Enthuza muffler, Rota wheels, TEIN springs, RB sways, Big assed stripe that adds 20hp

Comment

Working...
                            X