Machine Shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Shop

The head gasket let go on my '94 during the last outing at TGPR. I'm replacing the head gasket/timing belt/water pump etc. now and since I have the head off the car anyway I'd like to have it freshened up. Can anyone recommend a good machine shop? Ideally I'd like something within a 10 or so mile radius of Lawrenceville but I'm open to other recommendations.

Thanks,
    Sean

You could try Kenetic/Sunbelt, but I have no idea on their pricing. But they do build TONS of spec-Miata engines..

KINETIC SUNBELT ENGINES
    6000 Holiday Road
    Buford, GA 30518
    USA
    Contact Person:
    Jim Thompson
    Phone: (770) 271.

I'm also sure Lawrenceville Auto Parts in downtown L'ville knows about every machine shop in the area too.

Comment

Will's Machine Shop in Chamblee is good and fair priced. You need to check the block and head for flatness even if you don't go the machine shop because Miatas don't blow head gaskets for no reason. And if it got hot enough to blow the hg the head is probably not flat.
      | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

Tommy, Roadster on here works in a machine shop called Engine Systems that deals with some seriously high powered motors. He's also doing Eric's (rotornuts) motor on here, send him a pm.

Comment

Yup, I'm apparently the test customer for 4-cylinder applications for them. They have a VERY nice shop, and a very knowledgable staff (watch out for that Tommy guy though, seems like all he's ever doing is working on his own engine :butt: ), and are very reasonably priced. Was keeping them doing my work hush-hush until it was done, but guess the cat will be out of the bag now. :lol:

Originally posted by miata5620
          Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Tommy is also the import guy over there now. It seems you've sparked a trend now Eric, he's getting Honda **** too!

Comment

Hmmm... maybe I should ask for a marketing deal. :lol:

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

:lol: get in line

what's up with your user title?

Comment

Line? I started the line. :D

Oh, was trying out a new language pack we have here at Yamaha to convert English to Japanese. I was messing around with my title and tried typing it in there. Didn't know I saved it. lol

Comment

Goza in Acworth does excellent machine work, but doesn't assemble anything. Decent pricing too.

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
                      1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Believe it or not, I actually got a better price through OPM (who, at least last time I checked, farms out their machine work to Sunbelt) than going through sunbelt directly. I asked a few folks about that and basically machine shops like to work with a few, big customers rather than piece-meal jobs from off the street. Give both a try and shop around.

I can also STRONGLY recommend Brian Maloof racing. The only problem is that he's about an hour from Lawrenceville (go up 985, and keep going passed where it becomes not-985 another half hour or so). I forget the name of the town but it's out there. However, he is one of the best, easiest to work with, nicest guys I've dealt with so far when it comes to doing machine work. The price, knowledge and personalized service was worth the trip. PM me if you'd like his phone number.
                        Last edited by amaff; 01-12-2009, 05:59 PM.
                        ~Andrew
                        Atlanta Region SCCA
                        D Prepared Miata

Comment

Dover just south of atlanta did an awesome job on mine, when i got it back from them it looked and ran like brand new!. THey charged me $200 even!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X