can someone help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me!

im piecing a turbo kit for my 96 NA. heres what i have so far.

own-turbo manifold.
    soon to own-turbo
    intercooler and piping
    engine management
    BOV
    down pipe
    550 RC injectors

what else do i need?
    Last edited by wonton; 01-05-2009, 06:20 PM.
    95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!
    79 Corolla Gutted, weber 32/36, Header, Volk Rays, Ghetto slammed :lol:

Intake pipe with MAF adapter and filter.
    Oil and coolant lines (at least oil lines).
    Colder heat range spark plugs.
    Boost controller and boost gauge.
    A billion hose clamps and couplers.
    1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

i got the boost gauge already :biggrin: autometer carbon fiber face!
      95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!

Comment

Recommend aluminum radiator
        Larger exhaust (I know you and I have already talked about this)
        Upgrade the spark plug wires

Originally posted by miata5620
        Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

get your engine management on the car and working asap. I recommend you get a ms kit or pnp from diyautotune in suwannee. you will also need wideband o2. next step is ignition upgrade. then big injectors, fuel rail and fuel pump. then you will be ready for forced induction. with my ugly hood, you will not need an aluminum radiator immediately, but the stock plastic tank job will eventually fail.
          Posted via Mobile Device
          DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
          | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
          | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Yeah, we were discussing MSPNP during lunch just a few minutes ago. Hopefully that will indeed be the next step since he found a decent deal on one.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Per my message, I've got Ripley's old intercooler and pipes that I'd sell you for the same price he sold to me. You won't find a better deal than $150!

Also, you'll want a stronger clutch to hold the additional power (assuming you don't have an upgraded clutch already).

You'll need a new toothbrush too so that your teeth are nice and purty when you crack a big smile once you are boosted!
              sigpic

Comment

bummer i sold my mspnp9697.
                2013 Whitout FR-S
                1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
                sigpic

Comment

god i cant wait to put some boost though my 1.8, im already crackin smiles just thinking about it!

Comment

if your car's a 96, I can build you a megasquirt. I wouldn't feel good about building one for any other year model, but since I built mine for my 97 I know it would be exactly the same. I could even come down and help you install it and get it tuned.

Also, you're gonna need a wideband gauge. I recommend the AEM UEGO. They're cheapest on ebay for around $215 if you wait for a deal, I got mine for $225 though. This is compared to the $275 price that FM sells them for.
                    Last edited by N3v; 01-06-2009, 03:24 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

The UEGO sucks! Hated the one I had and gladly sold it. Get the innovate LC-1.
                      DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                      | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                      | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

how much will it cost for you to build me a megasquirt!

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
                          The UEGO sucks! Hated the one I had and gladly sold it. Get the innovate LC-1.
                          how much do those run?

Comment

there's a looong debate between the uego and the LC1. some very experienced people say they've never had problems with the LC1, but others say their LC1 blew after a week and their uego works fine. From what I gather, the uego is not as responsive at displaying the values as an LC1, but its more likely you'll have problems with an LC1. Also, keep in mind if you get a UEGO and want me to build you a megasquirt, I've done an uego before, so I could pop it in and set up the MS to work with the UEGO in minutes.

I'll build you one for $420, and that would include me coming there and helping you install it :)

It takes a while to build and test though, so if you wanted me to build you one, if you sent me the money within the next couple of weeks, I would be ready to help you install it over my spring break, which is mid-march.

Btw, the megasquirt can be setup on a stock engine or turbo setup, it doesn't matter. if the megasquirt is already setup on your stock engine, all you have to do is basically install the turbo, set the MS for your bigger injectors, then retune your fuel map.
                            Last edited by N3v; 01-06-2009, 03:59 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sean, I recommend you go this route if you can buddy. Get the ECU and tuning out of the way first.

I'm throwing my vote in for the UEGO, it's a little slower as N3v stated, but I've never had a problem with mine. To add to other stories I've read, I've had two LC1s, one unit crapped out, and I got sick of the other one after having to replace 2 sensors within months of each other. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
                              X