iPhone integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone integration?

When I bought the car the radio was in it and had power but no audio. I think the previous owner had cut some of the audio wiring harness for an aftermarket one? Anyways if there is a way, I want to connect my iPhone without a radio unit. Some people say that a 2 way amp will work but some say it won't. Any ideas or experiences?

here are two thread from CR(i know I know)::

[ame="http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=30471"]Not quite as cheap headunit-less stereo install - ClubRoadster.net[/ame]

[ame="http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=29676"]Cheap Headunitless Stereo Install - ClubRoadster.net[/ame]
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Here is my setup. iPod shown here but iPhone works just as well.

its a Pro.fit mount with a dock cable that steps 12v down to 5v for the iWhatever and bringing line level outs to a JL Audio RLC-1 preamp for volume control and then to a 240 watt alpine amp driving MB Quarts in the doors. Streaming internet radio at 90+ with the top down is totally *****in'
      The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
      http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

I've always wondered what the deal was with streaming radio on the go... I mean, I've done it around the house with my wifi, but how does the 3G handle it on the go? I'd love to see what the data transfer amount on your phone bill is :lol:
        sigpic

Comment

It's included in the data package you already pay for so it's no extra. My main issue with ipod and iphones is that they're awkward to operate when you're driving.

Comment

the dual xml8110 and 8100 are perfect for a much more simple ipod integration (warning tho if you have seriously stiff suspension it will mess with the radios internals i learned the hard way) replace ur regular radio and run last fm, pandora, sound cloud.. any of those the only time i ever lost streaming radio was on trips to bumblefAk Alabama where there isnt alot of good cell coverage...

oh and its only $99.99 ;P
            sigpic Always has a machete... seriously ALWAYS...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-MX5ATLanta.com View Post
              It's included in the data package you already pay for so it's no extra. My main issue with ipod and iphones is that they're awkward to operate when you're driving.
              Quoted for truff!

I've got an iPhone, so I sorta knew all the data wasn't costing extra, just wondered what sort of big arse number (usage) they'd print on the bill if you were using streaming radio every time you got in the car... Are we talking triple digit terabyte usage? :lol:
              sigpic

Comment

most I've done is 700mb in a month when streaming, but I really do not drive my miata much at all, just few times a month.
                The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
                http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie View Post
                  Quoted for truff!

I've got an iPhone, so I sorta knew all the data wasn't costing extra, just wondered what sort of big arse number (usage) they'd print on the bill if you were using streaming radio every time you got in the car... Are we talking triple digit terabyte usage? :lol:
                  well it says I've pulled 6.1gb to my phone since I had my radio 6months so it's not that bad
                  sigpic Always has a machete... seriously ALWAYS...

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie View Post
                    Quoted for truff!

in 18 days ive used up 499,625.3KB and thats streaming every time im in the car so 2 hrs a day minimum during the weekdays, its not as much as i thought it was going to be.

Comment

OK boys and girls... as an update to this story...

Pioneer bringing Pandora to the dashboard with new iPhone app

BUT this unit costs about $1000 (on Amazon) :eek:
                      Last edited by Synthmob; 05-24-2010, 03:23 PM. Reason: added link to head unit

Comment

Ill probably be doing this if I keep the miata. I'm pretty much sick of radio and the music they play anyways so the ipod should do just fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X