Shine the Soft Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shine the Soft Top

Anyone have a recommendation for something to bring out the shine in the vinyl tops?

I tried armor all once but it was sh*t and I've got some Trim Shine from Stoner but it doesn't last more than an hour or two.
    sigpic

Shine the Soft Top

Auto parts stores have a convertible top cleaner, that might do it.
    sigpic
    No matter how many friends you think you have, the size of your funeral will depend on the weather.
    Originally posted by sharkythesharkdogg
    I don't want some dude's balls on my neck while I'm yelling at some Vietnamese guy.

Comment

Yeah, I've tried a few of the cleaners, which work, but no shine :(

I need like bling bling ghetto shine that some guys get.
      sigpic

Comment

IIRC, Mike recommends Turtle Wax ICE for the top. I haven't had a chance to try it yet so I cannot comment.

Originally posted by miata5620
        Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

What was that 404 Aerospace something or other that was all the rage a few years back... lasted forever...
          sigpic

Comment

303 Aerospace Protectant? I haven't seen the stuff in a long time, but you can order it online still: https://303products.com/shop303/index.cfm

*edit*

Hmmm...

Originally posted by miata5620
            Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Sweet, two new options to try. The vinyl is a ***** to apply to as nothing wants to spread properly. But I'll check into to both of those.
              sigpic

Comment

404, 303... whatever... :lol:
                sigpic

Comment

I used a gel tire shine that worked well except when it would get wet you would get run off. I replaced the top with one of those Ebay tops and it was reeel shiny on its own. This was all on my na.
                  2013 Whitout FR-S
                  1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
                  sigpic

Comment

finally glad someone posted something about this, I didn't want to get blasted for having a bling bling top! ......ha ha I havent tried anything yet but I'm pretty sure you'll need something thicker to penetrate the vinyl for a base shine thin a wipe of something thin to shine it up. Let us know what you try!
                    smoke screen

Comment

In googleing Black Vinyl Top Wax (from my youth detailing Porshe 914 roofs, trim and bumpers) I found this:

[ame="http://www.waxforum.com/showthread.php?t=246"]Black Vinyl Top Wax? - Wax Forum[/ame]
                      David Luney - Suwanee GA
                      [email protected]
                      04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

303 works great can be found at most boat dealers and it works on the interior as well .
                        Last edited by damham; 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM. Reason: misspeelled

Comment

You guys saw me use my "special sauce" at Eric's on Sat and how nice it came out....and it's still looking just like that even after washing the car again :)

Comment

Yeah, I meant to ask, what's the recipe for the "swamp water"
                            sigpic

Comment

I use Meguires Natural Shine Protectant. I spray a good bit on a clean rag, and go to town on the top. It made mine look like new when I did it. Had at least 5 people ask me if I bought a new top.
                              Emerald Blue Zenki Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X