Honda Engine In Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Engine In Miata

Anyone ever seen a B series Honda engine swapped into a Miata? I know there is a RWD setup available for B series. It'd be awesome.

here is a thread on m.net that someone asked about that conversion, take a looky

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread...8653&highlight

Comment

Cool deal thanks for the link!

Comment

One question, why a B18??

Comment

I always liked B16's and B18's and they are cheap. I mean a K20 would be awesome too but I have never worked on one.

BTW I am not doing this swap, if I DO, it wont be for a LONG time LOL. But I like learning :)

Comment

there is a guy on CR selling his F20 swapped miata
            1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
            2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

I don't really see the point in Miata engine swaps unless it's a V8. No other 4 cylinder really seems to be worth the gains considering the amount of headaches it would take to make it work. Esp. when you can get over 300hp reliably out of a boosted B6 or BP...

Comment

There is just something about Honda engines though, they can be made QUICK in a light car, with not much HP.

Comment

Do a mazda 323 turbo diesel swap. lol
                  sigpic

Comment

They had those.....??

Comment

ya, actually a good motor is the MZR-CD it came in japanese premecies. It was a 2.0 turbo diesel and had 141hp and 300ftlbs of torque. the 323 motor was a 2.0 supercharged 87hp and like 150 ftbs of torque, lol one day ill have my diesel miata, lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

New Mazda 3's will have turbo diesel. Wait for that engine.

btw there are already some diesel Miatas ;) Someone did Cummins swap.

Comment

haha ya. I was envious of those who did 240z's with maxima diesels, but i really want a diesel miata. Gotta love torque.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'n not the only one who thinks a Diesel Miata is fun and cool?! I was thinking Audi, my cousin has a three door A3 TD(Poland) and I really liked the way that motor ran and it still turned 5700RPM, very impressive for a deisel.
                            '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

I dunno, after seeing Top Gear test the diesel 5-series BMW against the diesel version, it'd be hard to convince me that a normal production diesel engine would really be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X