Sound deadening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound deadening

Anyone have any idea as to how much sq. feet of sound deadening I will need to cover the entire interior? Would 20 sq ft be enough?

Depends on your definition of entire interior. I was able to get the bottom and sides of my trunk, rear shelf, inside of doors, and most of the floor under the seats with close to 40sq ft. This was with an adhesive butyl material from second skin audio. I used their damplifier as well as some overkill pro to cut down on exhaust drone. It certainly helped but... you can't make these cars quiet without adding substantial weight. Road noise is great but it's hard to get around a loud exhaust.

I just received an email from them for 10% off any order code: ssant10.

They plenty of options at different weights and materials. IIRC I added ~20lbs or so. Doesn't seem like a lot but it really is in such a small car.

If you're just going for a decent sound system I would just do the doors.
    2013 Whitout FR-S
    1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks man, I'm trying to just get rid of road noise as well as for the sound system, and I'm going to be running a stock NA/NB exhaust with a mazdaspeed muffler so I'm not worried about the exhaust noise. I can't believe it was that much sq ft lol.

Comment

If you just ran it under the carpet and behind the seats then you would probably be good with 20sq ft. I would go with a closed cell foam under the carpet. If you are trying to get rid of vibrations in the panels then that's where the butyl rubber comes to play.
        2013 Whitout FR-S
        1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
        sigpic

Comment

http://www.b-quiet.com/ultimate.html

That is what I'm getting and I'm ordering 50sq ft with a 10% off coupon. It's "CCA" if anyone is interested.

I want to line every bit of metal in the interior (floor panel, transmission tunnel, rear shelf, door panels inner shell and outer) and trunk too as I want to install an 8" sub where the stock jack goes.

Comment

I used 3 50-ft rolls of B-Quiet in my car....as well as a few packs of the V-Comp foam, then a new layer of carpet padding, then new carpet.....

Comment

Omg, How is the road noise and vibrations? lol

Comment

Working...
              X