X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NB] Cold Air Intake

Has anybody try this product?
    http://www.bellengineering.net/produ...products_id=65

WTF - the description says that the cool air box reduces intake temperatures to the turbo, but the picture shows a naturally aspirated car (which the product appears to be for). I don't think BEGi is winning any awards for their website.

That said, I'm sure this works a lot like other cold air intakes - a little throatier engine sound, a few horsepower, etc. If it was my money though, I'd save that $319 and start piecing together a turbo kit.

The Cool Air Box completely isolates the Air Filter to reduce intake temperatures to the turbo. The Cool Air Intake comes with throttle inlet tube, air filter, turbo hose, hose clamps and mounting hardware.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, kinda expensive and it's just the same box they use in their turbo kits with a custom intake pipe. I dunno. Begi seems to use some heavy stuff, and I'd be willing to bet that stuff weighs a good bit more than the stock stuff.

Comment

Interesting.... but about $100 too much.

Comment

Piece together turbo or just fab your own. $319 is pricey especially with the sketchy description.
          2013 Whitout FR-S
          1988 LS1 rx7 convertible
          sigpic

Comment

$319 for a fancy piece of pipe? No way...
            sigpic

Comment

my cold air box is pretty light i will say not sure how it adds up with stock stuff might have to give it a weigh one day. but even the big pipes they use are farely light
              1990 Red Turbo Miata BEGI kit GT2860RS
              RC550 Injectors/walbro fuel pump/MSPNp/1.6l with built bottom end/ factory head and original valve train.:banana:

Comment

I use the ddmworks kit, bought from Rspeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Synthmob View Post
                  I use the ddmworks kit, bought from Rspeed.
                  Which kit did you got? Entry kit or the Stage 2 kit?

Comment

Re: [NB] Cold Air Intake

Originally posted by dragonle87

Which kit did you got? Entry kit or the Stage 2 kit?
                    Like this but for the NB (are they different?).
                    http://www.rspeed.net/product_p/na20211060.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    ^^^ nice way for the program to plug itself - wonder if I can turn that off...
                    Last edited by Synthmob; 02-12-2010, 10:00 AM. Reason: comment on tapatalk

Comment

the best intake kit for the NB is the one on Nick's NB. they dont make that anymore or it is too damn expensive. I have the DDM too in my car now.

Comment

In my eyes, that looks to be worth $75 plus a filter.

Nice weld job

Comment

what about Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake?

Comment

I pieced mine together from stuff I had laying around the garage.

1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

I just want to know if anybody have used Weapon R Secret Weapon Intake in their NB Miata. Cuz I want to know where will the air filter sit in the engine bay [near towards the headers or near towards the headlight]

Comment

Working...
                              X