• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonton View Post
    shut up! :lol: cards just hate me! cars dont! :D

:lol:

Comment

I trust ya, flares will cover a world of sin...
      Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
      RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

Originally posted by oldgrayfrog View Post
        I trust ya, flares will cover a world of sin...
        im a perfectionist though when it come to metal and other peoples cars! :D no sin to cover up............just beauty :lol:
        95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!
        79 Corolla Gutted, weber 32/36, Header, Volk Rays, Ghetto slammed :lol:

Comment

Nothing to it....

There were (obviously) a few more steps than what is above.... I have the AWR flare kit.

Comment

Am I going to have to re-paint my whole fender?? or because I have different flares that arn't very extreme will i be ok lol?
            sigpic

Comment

Im going to hold off a few weeks on the fender flares....picked up my built motor and cant stand to see it sit there out of the car! So I'm going to go ahead and do my motor swap and finish buying what I need for my turbo set up. Another reason is because the wheels I want are on back order and wont be availible for a month or so....But the flares will be here this week so as soon as the motors done we can do them!
              sigpic

Comment

Good luck, and since you havn't chopped yet, think twice or even three times. Flares are cool and all, but stock fenders are much easier to find cool wheels for, and the tire selection in 225/45 isn't huge to say the least. Starting at 140 treadware tires (r1r, rs2, rs3) then there's a few 100 one's (r888, ra1, nt01) and 40 (hoosier a6, r6)

And grip wise, you can fit 225/45 in stock fenders with just rolling the lip flat.

What tires are you going for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bianconeri View Post
                  Good luck, and since you havn't chopped yet, think twice or even three times. Flares are cool and all, but stock fenders are much easier to find cool wheels for, and the tire selection in 225/45 isn't huge to say the least. Starting at 140 treadware tires (r1r, rs2, rs3) then there's a few 100 one's (r888, ra1, nt01) and 40 (hoosier a6, r6)

And grip wise, you can fit 225/45 in stock fenders with just rolling the lip flat.

What tires are you going for?
                  ^^^ What he said. I bought the Autokonexion flares, but ultimately decided not to use them due to all of the great points made above.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flash13783 View Post
                    Am I going to have to re-paint my whole fender?? or because I have different flares that arn't very extreme will i be ok lol?
                    he molded his in! we can probly do it without messing up your paint that is uncoverd by the flares!

just let me know what you wanna do!
                    95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!

Comment

I think Ripley's car looked awesome, the only thing I would have done differently was NOT blending them in, that's just asking for cracks. The real reason to put on flares is about wheel selection AND tire section. If you put in a V8, or get 300 whp out of your 1.8, you will need more than a 205 section width to put that power down. Now Nick is running somewhat more modest boost levels, in a very track oriented car, for that 205 or even 215 is ample. Nick has a very dialed in track car, and as far as I know isn't looking to make it into a street car, he has the Supra and Lexus for that :) I want sick power without smoking rubber, and I like the way the Sportmax looks, I can always throw my Enkies back on when I want to go around corners quickly.
                      Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
                      RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

^^^^this!

widebody is just sex IMO! :D

Comment

Don't get me wrong I love flares, I have flares myself. But there's time I'd want stock fenders, just for the share selection they have in wheels, and you can still fit a 225 for sticky times.

Comment

I'm planning on over 300hp, and i've already picked out the wheels I want. Rota zero plus' with a zero offset. And as far as tires I'm looking for a tire that is going to give me the grip I need to be able to use the hp I have and not just sit and spin lol. And I Don't plan on blending them. For now I'm going to paint them flat black and put them on, then when the car is re-painted paint them red with the car but still leave them their own piece.
                            sigpic

Comment

I never sat and spun with 205s, but what do I know?

Originally posted by miata5620
                              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

I wanted the AWR Widebody kit because I liked it. No other reason.
                                Also, I wanted to try and do the body work myself....something I have never done.

All of the bodywork and paint was done in under 3 days.....in my basement.

Comment

Working...
                                X