Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, I managed the impossible....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, I managed the impossible....

...and cracked a Flyin Miata/BEGi cast iron turbo manifold. Never really heard of someone managing to crack one of these before.On occaion I have seen some Greddy and AVO manifolds get cracks because of the lack of relief cuts (thermal expansion). But the FM has them designed into the manifold. I did call FM and as expected it's out of warranty. So now i'm waiting a call back from Keith or Bill for special pricing on one of their new manifolds since they don't carry this one anymore. Unfortunatly they don't have any in stock at the moment :(

Picas!!!

Originally posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    ...and cracked a Flyin Miata/BEGi cast iron turbo manifold. Never really heard of someone managing to crack one of these before.On occaion I have seen some Greddy and AVO manifolds get cracks because of the lack of relief cuts (thermal expansion). But the FM has them designed into the manifold. I did call FM and as expected it's out of warranty. So now i'm waiting a call back from Keith or Bill for special pricing on one of their new manifolds since they don't carry this one anymore. Unfortunatly they don't have any in stock at the moment :(

Picas!!!
    edit::: stupid internet:::

You are a FM 2 or Fm3 kit??
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

FMII... the cast iron mani that FM was sharing from BEGi, but BEGi still sells this manifold... FM has gone to the new shorty tubular style manifold.

Comment

I hope that you reminded them that you drive a FM catalog car.

Bill is kind of a ******, so don't expect too much. A BEGi cast manifold with 10 mm hardware might be a good option.
        DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
        | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
        | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Stop breaking everything!!!!!!

lol
          2005 Black Mica Mazdaspeed MX-5 - FM Intake - Enthuza Midpipe and Exhaust - FM DP - Hallman MBC - Upgraded Intercooler - Hard Dog Roll Bar - Volk TE37 - and then some...
          sigpic

Comment

PPFs are cheaper...I dont know why you switched to breaking manifolds. :D
            sigpic

Comment

As I told him, I think Miatas hate him.
              My girlfriend says that Miata is Japanese for "Disaster". lol

Also Mike, BEGi doesn't use that design anymore. They've gone with a new "directed pulse" design that is very nice. I have a brand new one that I'll bring up tonight when we meet up so you can see it. It keeps everything in the same location (maybe +/- a mm or 2), so it's compatible with the FMII stuff.

Originally posted by miata5620
              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
                I hope that you reminded them that you drive a FM catalog car.

Bill is kind of a ******, so don't expect too much. A BEGi cast manifold with 10 mm hardware might be a good option.
                Well, I talked to Keith and told him who I was and he remember me and the car very well.... they also pulled up my car by the PO's name and know everything that's on that car. If they want something ridiculous for the new mani, i'll call BEGi.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                  PPFs are cheaper...I dont know why you switched to breaking manifolds. :D
                  Was so waiting for this comment to come along!!! lol

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Oh... i knew it was coming. I was waiting to see how clever Kurt could get with this one lol

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelgänger View Post
                      Oh... i knew it was coming. I was waiting to see how clever Kurt could get with this one lol
                      I think we all where waiting for it.

Comment

:D I made my own contribution to the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                          lol. what is worse is that i knew right where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                            Haha! I like that!
                            2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
                            2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

OK, so just got off the phone wil Bill @ FM. I'm getting one of the new design manifolds..and they're going to drill/tap it for 10mm hardware and include new 10mm hardware for $425 shipped. So that'll be here soon and now i'll need to either order my 2871 or tap my current turbo for the 10mm studs.... but it's sounding like i'll be getting the 2871.

w00t.

Here is what the new manifold will look like

Last edited by Doppelgänger; 11-19-2008, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X