A presumptuous longshot... SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A presumptuous longshot... SOS

Hokay, soh. Through a series of unfortunate events I have had the NA up on jacks to replace the shocks twice in the last four days. Both times ive almost had them out before needing to put it all together again. The second time i really realized that it's a two man job.

First time autozone gave me the wrong spring compressor. Second time the shocks i was sold were bad. I have all new kyb ordered and they should be in next week. Problem is next weekend i need to have good shocks on for some "hard" mountain driving with guests coming in from out of state.

My over the top question is this. Is there anyone out here that has done this before that could help me some night next week. I am familiar with getting the backs out and the fronts i only know what ive read. I have the tools for the job and can provide a sixpack of your choice and pizza to anyone who can help me get all put in there.

I know (personally) that getting these things in there is a *****. I know I am very very new here and you guys don't know me from adam. I certiainly don't expect anything but figured I would put out an SOS just in case.

Cheers

RE: A presumptuous longshot... SOS

I would be willing to lend a hand if I was in town. :(

Comment

Where are you @? And, I really don't know what you're talking about in regards to them being a pain, because I've had all 4 shocks off the car, disassembled and back on the car in an hour and a half. Where are you getting hung up?
      ~Andrew
      Atlanta Region SCCA
      D Prepared Miata

Comment

where are you located? is the car drivable? i have a lift

I also have a set of KYB on aftermarket springs already assembled. they're FM or something. can you cancel yours?
        DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
        | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
        | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Trust me, you post up where you are and that you have food and drink, and you may have half the forum at your doorsteps. :D

Originally posted by miata5620
          Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

^^ this is a true fact! :)

Comment

I can helps...

Comment

As above, I can help. It's really not that bad, especially if you have the right tools. Where are you?

Comment

If I lived in ATL, I'd definitely be able to help. I've done this twice on my bro's NA, and once we figured out the right way to do it, it wasn't too hard. I'm about to do the same thing on my NB on Friday, hopefully it'll go smoothly.
                  1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

Oh wow! This is amazing! I cannot believe the response on this.

As far as the shocks go ben91 i am looking for something close to oem and these are pretty cheap. I don't need anything really stiff. Are they gr-2 or agx. How much were you offering them for?

As the the response for help- Many hands make light work. My goal here is to have them in by next weekend and unfortunately I cannot do anything this weekend as parents are in town and I am hosting them. Next weekend though a good friend comes in town and she and I have a trip to the mountains planned. She really wants to see what the miata can do and I don't trust the current shocks to any sort of mtn driving.

My plan is either to get them installed in my apt complex or in tucker behind work but honestly if someone has a better location and can get all four in quicker that way please let me know. Even if there is more than one person helping I can still provide booze and pizza of your choice. I don't believe more than two extra people would be needed for this and honestly my wallet cannot hold half the forum :D hahahahah

I am amazed you guys think this is easy. Ive got the backs done once and it was reeeaaallly hairy.

Comment

Situation changed. Shocks arrive today. Is there an evening that works for anyone?

tn

Comment

he's in tucker during the day and peachtree industrial in teh evenings.

Comment

You should get in touch with jessealexjonasbrother on here and see if you can go to his place(Dacula) and do it. If you do I'm sure a few of us could make it there, I know I could.

Comment

This week's completely blocked out for me, and next week I'm working nights, so I guess I'm out. Failsauce.
                            ~Andrew
                            Atlanta Region SCCA
                            D Prepared Miata

Comment

I live off P'tree Ind. just inside the perimeter....if some of us want to get together one evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X