Opinions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions wanted

I know there are many threads on the subject. But with time prices and variety of options change. I’m not building a track car but more of the perfect daily driver. What would be the most sound option for the buck to lower things about an inch? Not looking to swap wheel/tire combo on my NB1. Just want good handling, good ride, and good looking stance. I know you sacrifice one for another and am willing to give and take on ride quality for handling and looks.

Basically looking for inexpensive 1” lowering ideas.

I love the stance of my FM springs, and my tokiko illumina shocks, but the shocks are not available anymore. I'd go for some FM springs and either konis or bilsteins.
    The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
    http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

I grew up in Canton but live in Alabama now. I was looking at these Koni orange TEIN coilovers. I just wasn't sure how the ride height would be and what it would be worth for the $200.

https://bham.craigslist.org/pts/d/mi...691151448.html

Comment

If the shocks are still fresh it could be a decent setup paired with an fm swaybar set (f&r). Fresh bumpstops wouldn't hurt either if they weren't replaced when that setup was put together.
        2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
        2017 NV3500

Comment

I can also vouch for the FM springs. Had them on my 95 NA for almost it's entire life, and they were great.

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
          1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Those Tein springs are decent, a little less firm than the FM springs. The setup you linked to on CL will get you there. Those Koni ST-R shocks I'm ambivalent about.

Comment

I had FM lowering springs on my NA, and they didn't seem to drop the car very much at all. Of course this was a couple years ago, but with a 15" and a 205/50 tire I still had a decent gap. They helped out handling, but as far as looks go, you might be more content with a cheap set of coilovers. Teins are decent from what I've heard.

Comment

Working...
              X