Adjustable Dampening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Dampening

I have no clue how it works, my BC’s have it and I don’t know how to set them to all be equal before adjusting it and how I should go about doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slip 'N' Slide

Most of the time you set them to fully soft and then tighten up the dampening from there. Here is documentation for BC coilovers: http://www.ddmworks.com/assets/image...structions.pdf
    Chris and Lola

Comment

1st off: adjustable dampening just adjusts how wet your suspension gets.
      2nd off: it really depends on what you're adjusting. Are they primarily rebound or compression adjustments?
      ~Andrew
      Atlanta Region SCCA
      D Prepared Miata

Comment

See Carroll Smith's Tune to Win. Age old stuff for Double Adjustable shocks but still none better.
        David Luney - Suwanee GA
        [email protected]
        04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

And another one from Bob Tunnell. I used to build shocks for he and his wife's BMW's while at TrueChoice:

http://www.bimmerhaus.com/tech/shocktuningTN.html
          David Luney - Suwanee GA
          [email protected]
          04 RX-8, 10 Black MS3, 08 Red MS3, 06 550i, 05 325i 92 Spec Miata and a parts car or two.

Comment

Thanks guys

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Originally posted by amaff View Post
              1st off: adjustable dampening just adjusts how wet your suspension gets.
              2nd off: it really depends on what you're adjusting. Are they primarily rebound or compression adjustments?
              By wet do you mean eventually blowing through the seals? I would have to look up to see if it is rebound or compression

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

I mean that:
                To Dampen is to make more wet. A garden hose is a great dampener.
                To Damp is to reduce mechanical vibration. Shock absorbers are great dampers.

~Andrew
                Atlanta Region SCCA
                D Prepared Miata

Comment

Originally posted by amaff View Post
                  I mean that:
                  To Dampen is to make more wet. A garden hose is a great dampener.
                  To Damp is to reduce mechanical vibration. Shock absorbers are great dampers.

I can't like this post enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X