Jenvey ITBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenvey ITBs

Has anybody local run these before? I bought the AE101 throttles but doing more research it seems like more of a pain in the *** then just spending the $1700 with Miata roadster for their kit. Before anybody comments about how useless they are, my plans are naturally aspirated power, i've always wanted ITB's, at the end of the day I'm not looking for crazy power levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slip 'N' Slide

I have looked into them before and only got as far determining that a) the value is low from a dollar-per-horsepower perspective, and b) the PITA factor is high.
    sigpic

Comment

If you want IRTBs for looks and sound then great. They will not provide a ton of power on a Miata engine. BTDT
      92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

I have an engine that can really take advantage of them... Due to simplicity. cost, and PITA factor I've decided to stick with single throttle body. Take that for what its worth..
        The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
        http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

I know it won't make a ton of power, I've resigned myself to that

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

The other idea I had was using a 01-05 on my 99 1.8 then getting the Skunk2 throttle body

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Everyone is emphasizing the power aspect because you're not the first person to say you don't care about power and still be disappointed in the end result when they're finally up and running.

Basically you're making the car way more finicky for the same performance. You have to really like the sound and the look.

Building a VVT motor would net better power gains, yes. Turbo'ing any flavor Miata will always be the best power for dollar answer.
              Originally posted by Beastinthebushes
              Do lots and lots of reading and research. Lots of vendors sell suspension, not just FM.

Comment

My chosen 1.8 swap is a 99, I'm not going to use the variable intake **** so I was wondering if the NB2 intake bolts straight on then after that using the Skunk2 enlarged throttle body

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Dude, no offense, but with as often as you post about engine issues and breaking stuff, I sincerely do not believe the added complexity of IRTBs is going to benefit you even in the slightest positive manner. Real talk.

Unless you do something to the engine to cause it to require more air and fuel, e.g. raise the compression ratio and purchase an aftermarket ECU and tune it (more added cost and complexity), you aren't going to benefit very much from anything more than mostly stock components. If I were you I'd stick to bolt-on I/H/E and call it a day.

I've been running nothing but an intake and an exhaust at most for the entire 10 years I've owned this car, have never done anything else to it to add more power until just a couple months ago, and have been satisfied with its performance on track. It's been dead-nuts reliable for 225k+ miles.
                  Chris and Lola

Comment

Jenvey ITBs

Would an NB2 intake manifold simplify stuff?
                    I'm also going to get a mega squirt in the next few weeks or month and a half, I don't trust the 1.6 to reliably run the 1.8 long term.

Last edited by GTOTT97; 09-07-2017, 04:46 PM.
                    Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Why would you go for any NB2 intake manifold? You really really need to do yourself a favor and do a lot more research.
                      '00 Silver Miata

Comment

Originally posted by GTOTT97 View Post
                        Would an NB2 intake manifold simplify stuff?
                        I'm also going to get a mega squirt in the next few weeks or month and a half, I don't trust the 1.6 to reliably run the 1.8 long term.

The 1.6 ECU has been running 1.8 motors for years and years. You seem to have a similar "issue" I had when I was younger. You seem to be overly thinking things and make them more complex then you need. Hell I still sometimes do it, and I think we all do it sometimes. But sometimes it takes outside help to step back and just re-look at a "problem".

The age old rule. K.I.S.S (Keep it simple stupid).

I remember being young and trying to build a bad-*** car.. I also remember, walking to work a lot cause my car was broken cause I didn't have the funds. I remember missing out on dates with hot girls, cause the car broke down on me, or not getting to go hang out with friends cause I was too broke.

One thing I wish I could do over again, is "build" a simple but reliable, fun car, and make memories instead of trying to build e-penis status.
                        1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
                        2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra_Bravo View Post
                          Why would you go for any NB2 intake manifold? You really really need to do yourself a favor and do a lot more research.
                          To not have the rats nest of vacuum lines and actuators for the variable intake system

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Originally posted by wildfire0310 View Post
                            The 1.6 ECU has been running 1.8 motors for years and years. You seem to have a similar "issue" I had when I was younger. You seem to be overly thinking things and make them more complex then you need. Hell I still sometimes do it, and I think we all do it sometimes. But sometimes it takes outside help to step back and just re-look at a "problem".

The age old rule. K.I.S.S (Keep it simple stupid).

I remember being young and trying to build a bad-*** car.. I also remember, walking to work a lot cause my car was broken cause I didn't have the funds. I remember missing out on dates with hot girls, cause the car broke down on me, or not getting to go hang out with friends cause I was too broke.

One thing I wish I could do over again, is "build" a simple but reliable, fun car, and make memories instead of trying to build e-penis status.
                            I've sort of opened myself up more to extravagant stuff since I have the civic as my daily driver now

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Unless there is a way to have the runner stuck in the full open position, I'm OK with losing some low-end power and mpg

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

Working...
                              X