PowerStop "Trackday" Pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerStop "Trackday" Pads?

These seem to have been released for Miatas (94+) recently, but I haven't found much discussion for them.

http://www.powerstop.com/product/track-day-brake-pads/

I found some chatter on the Corvette and BMW forums recently, but nothing providing data or much else. I see 5X Racing started to carry them, and their synopsis was very interesting:

"These pads are special because they bridge a gap between the grippy side of Street/Auto-X compounds (like the Hawk HP+) and the pure race compounds (like the Hawk Blue), which leaves you with a great option for a track day or even a lightweight racecar (Miata) on grippy street or even DOT race tires. These pads compare to something between a Carbotech XP8 and an XP10 compound feel. It differs from those pads though because it also has phenomenal cold braking power starting at around 60-70F - which makes it suitable for a track day car driven to the track - in addition to having great linear modulation, high temp ranges (1400F+), and being very rotor friendly with a good life span."

The pricing and positive feedback (what there is of it) is definitely intriguing. I have used Powerstop hardware (reman calipers) with good experience and their parent company, Centric, with equally good results.

Anyone have them or experience using these pads?

The new duralast gt pads also have a carbon fiber friction material and are marketed in a similar niche. Seems like the new thing, though I suppose we'll have to wait and see how they perform. I actually scored a free set of the duralast pads to check out. I'll be putting them on this month.
    2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
    2017 NV3500

Comment

Do they not make a 1.6 pad?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X