Plastidip wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastidip wheels?

So I searched and read through a few posts on here about plastidip, but didn't find anything about wheels. Has anyone used this on a set of stock wheels? How did it turn out? How long did the finish survive for? Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, fine, 10 years.

People have been plasitidippin' wheels since the stuff came out 10 years ago. Make sure to Google as the www is loaded with reviews, testimonials and how-to's.
    92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

Here's mine. The more coats you use the longer it lasts
      IMG_6482.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll definitely be looking into doing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did mine, happy with the results but one time made the mistake of using some strong, harsh wheel cleaner/brake dust remover spray-on cleaner. It affected the appearance a little bit, but I'm pretty sure I could add some new Plasti-Dip layers and it would look better again. Just too lazy. Mine are satin black and they don't need to look perfect. I'm not a show car kind of guy.
          RussMcB, Marietta, GA
          '99 Miata street car (Spec Miata sold)
          '91 Corvette ZR-1 LT-5, '82 Ralt RT-4/Hayabusa
          sigpic

Comment

Also, mount the tires before applying plastidip, but dont set the bead or inflate them. That way you wont mess up the edges when putting tires on. Might be a little too late but it was advice someone else gave me and its pretty sage like

Comment

Working...
            X