X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duralast GT pads

Heard a pandora radio commercial and got curious, so I looked 'em up

http://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-t...51_32180_12488

Couldn't find friction coefficient or hear range info. I'm guessing it's similar to a stoptech pad or ebc yellow since it mentions towing etc. I bet it'd make a good street/auto-x/mountain pad. Post up whoever tries 'em first.
    2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
    2017 NV3500

Hazeus Cristo, that's the same price as a set of Hawks.

I'd be leery without published specs. I once used the duralast gold pads on a car when I was driving 100 miles a day due to the lifetime warranty. It ended up not being worth the effort as they would only last about 10k vs the factory pads lasting 50k...

Comment

A good friend of mine got the duralast golds for the same reason, he got over 50k miles with them on his big volvo suv. I had good luck with the basic duralast pads that came on a '88 crx si I had. Worked well for street driving and auto-x, and they were still on the car when I sold it 2-3 years later. But none of that really means anything since this a completely different pad.
      2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
      2017 NV3500

Comment

The GT pads are like $80/set and only have a 1 year warranty.. I think they're over rated for what they are but I also haven't tried them nor plan to. Lol

Comment

Working...
        X