Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who wants a extra 10 inches of leg room in the ND?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who wants a extra 10 inches of leg room in the ND?

    The passenger side floor has a large foam block taking up a LOT of space. After removing it leg room goes from about 13 inches (flat area) to 26.

    IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg

  • #2
    I'm more curious as to why you have so much of the interior apart. Are you installing something?
    - Lee -
    '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
    '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

    Comment


    • #3
      Too bad you can't do that to the driver's side.
      Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
      RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks like it is there to absorb energy in an impact. IE, it saves the passenger's ankles from breaking.
        DIYAutoTune.com

        | 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
        | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
        | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ben91 View Post
          Looks like it is there to absorb energy in an impact. IE, it saves the passenger's ankles from breaking.
          Yup. My whitewater kayaks are outfitted in a similar way.
          2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
          2017 NV3500

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ben91 View Post
            Looks like it is there to absorb energy in an impact. IE, it saves the passenger's ankles from breaking.
            Actually this is where the Bose sub goes on the club and GT.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CaveRacing View Post
              I'm more curious as to why you have so much of the interior apart. Are you installing something?
              we were installing a more accessible phone charger, the stock one is super low near the firewall. Just got curious and I think it was well worth it. But the new phone charger is great! Now all my long legged friends will quit stepping on the charger.

              IMG_2039.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chemdog90 View Post
                Actually this is where the Bose sub goes on the club and GT.
                I thought I heard a sub on mine and was wondering where they put it..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
                  I thought I heard a sub on mine and was wondering where they put it..
                  Now you know. Look for the black box, should stick out just above the carpet near the 12v port.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Read first part of thread title, almost deleted as spam!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by nickt93 View Post
                      Read first part of thread title, almost deleted as spam!
                      Glad it wasn't just me who had to double check. :lol: On mobile it only showed "Who wants a extra 10 inche..."

                      Originally posted by miata5620
                      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
                        Glad it wasn't just me who had to double check. :lol: On mobile it only showed "Who wants a extra 10 inche..."
                        C'mon man, we all drive Miatas here. Who among us couldn't use an extra 10 inches :lol: :lol: :lol:
                        ~Andrew
                        Atlanta Region SCCA
                        D Prepared Miata

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          With an extra 10 inches, fitting into my speedo might be tough.
                          2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
                          2017 NV3500

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X