Lend me your exhaust experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lend me your exhaust experience

So my pacesetter is not turning into a pace****ter and it sounds like it's falling apart. I've done some looking and some research and I've narrowed it down to the magnaflow, borla, or power pulse cat back. However all the YouTube videos in the world can't show me how they actually sound. Basically I want a nice sound with maybe a hint of rasp that doesn't drone or become overwhelming with the top up. And and all info is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slip 'N' Slide

I have the borla cat-back stainless. No drone. quite idle. Nice at WOT.
    92 Italia "Competizione Speciale". 91 BRG, '69 Corvette "Mojo". '14 F150 Coyote 5.0. Looking for something blue.

Comment

I have had two Borla systems. They are good. I have one on my NA with. JR header, 2.25" cat and I have been pleased with it. The Magnaflow systems I have put on any car have been loud, even booming. I tried one on my NA and M3. Both would set off my neighbor's car alarm (sheriff, whoops! *teehee!*)

I had a PP axle back on my NB. When I opened the flow with a 2.25" midpipe and cat, it sounded great at WOT with a CAI. A little louder than my NA, but not so much as to bother my wife.

If you are close, you can come listen to the Borla on my NA.

Comment

I'm over in the Decatur area and I'd love to take you up on that

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

I had a borla brospeed cat back on my old 1.6 when it was N/A. Great system. No rasp, louder at full throttle but still fairly "soft" while at idle. You could tell it wasn't stock, but not annoying, and won't wake your neighbors. I got a few comments from random people on the old exhaust.
          1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
          2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Racing Beat power pulse system is really nice, with or without resonator.
            Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
            RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

ISR circuit spec.

Comment

I had the same experience with a cheap "turbo" style muffler. They don't last and get increasingly loud as they wear out.

I now have a Magnaflow a 12579 3" inlet/outlet, 22"x9" can with straight through design and a 3" high flow 200 cell metal cat. It is incredibly quiet under normal driving and sounds great under full load.

From the inside (pardon the mic rattle)

and outside
                Last edited by FE3tMX5; 01-29-2017, 03:11 PM.
                | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

Originally posted by 91LudeSiT View Post
                  ISR circuit spec.
                  That ISR sounds good from the videos I've seen on YouTube

Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

I have an enthuza, NA racer I think. It's pretty loud.
                    The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
                    http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTOTT97 View Post
                      That ISR sounds good from the videos I've seen on YouTube

You've heard my car...

Comment

Working...
                      X