Hardtop glass edge moulding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardtop glass edge moulding

Does anyone have a loose piece of the PVC edge moulding they could possibly take a picture of so I could match a cheaper generic profile? I could save $50-60 doing this and can share what I find. Thx

As it just so happens - I do. NAY163930 is the stock part number, "Hardtop glass reveal moulding". Lemme go grab the moulding and my calipers out of the trunk and take a few pics..

Edit: Erm.. edge moulding isn't glass moulding. I'll be using http://www.ebay.com/itm/371789001666 since my hardtop had a lot of chips along the edge and i built up some thickness in the repair - but http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-BL...dW2TAY&vxp=mtr is very close to OEM - you'll need to use a heatgun to conform to some of the tighter turns though.
    Last edited by iscariot; 01-25-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Eh, I'm confused as to which molding you need - so here is the glass surround molding profile. I figured millimeters would be the proper unit.

IMG_20170125_120738.jpg

Comment

thanks

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. I'm assuming the glass went in the left side?

I'll also see what I can find from CR Laurence, a glazing supplier that sells automotive and commercial products.

Comment

Correct. I see plenty of 16mm wide, but no 12mm that fits the profile.

Comment

ditto

Originally posted by iscariot View Post
            Correct. I see plenty of 16mm wide, but no 12mm that fits the profile.
            The top overlapping another 1/8" isn't that big of a deal. May be harder to bend at the tight corner. It's pretty much a small windshield wedge molding.

I see where I didn't mention "glass" in the first post. My bad.

Comment

I think the new molding for my hardtop was like 37 bucks and it was already bent at the window corners. This is a lot of effort and time for not a lot of savings.

Comment

Cheapest I see is 60 before shipping.

Comment

I may have spoken out of turn because that priced ended up through a body shop. So they may have had a deal with a mazda dealer.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X