Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carp. After looking at Fe3's 99 with the cup cams, I REALLY need some cams!
    The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
    http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

I agree- mustang dyno makes for a sad dyno day event. ;)

Stealth- you do. I still have them. I also still have the the Mazda comp buckets, springs, valve caps, shims.
      | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

91 NA - Bone stock 97hp 89tq (dynojet)

91 NA - ITBs & MSPnP (stock exhaust) 105hp 97tq (dynopak)

91 NA - ITBs, MSPnP and full exhaust 92hp 84tq (rustang) :rolleyes:

Hoping to get it on either Arthur or DIY's dyno again to get some more cohesive numbers. Funding hasn't allowed it as of late. :lol:
        Last edited by FooSchnickens; 05-15-2009, 07:36 AM.
        ITBs RULE!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!
        I'm using ITBs on stock internals!!
        sigpic
        Chean Chay: they dont have pho in mexico
        Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
        -Ambrose Bierce
        here's the thing. if you disagree with someone's opinion, having better hair does not make you right. it makes you a ******bag.

Comment

(I know there shouldn't be any discussion here, but I think it's pertinent)

Why'd you opt to go with different dynos, especially since the Dynojet is renowned for being incredibly consistent?
          ~Andrew
          Atlanta Region SCCA
          D Prepared Miata

Comment

Yeah, good question. :) I think a lot of the Mustang dyno results came from the dyno day we had a while back, but I could be wrong.

Taylor, I just used the higher DynoJet figure.

Originally posted by miata5620
            Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

I dont have my dyno chart in in a form I can post, but here is the info:

1992 JRSC 1.6, JR header, Magnaflow exhaust, big boost upgrade, MSPnP.

162.? whp
              149.? wtq

Dynojet at TopSpeed.

I am in the process of getting larger injectors, and removing the JR FPR. Im running quite rich at this point....

Comment

Ok... first two new modded white Na's show up and now another guy with a supercharger and a MSPNP???? This ain't funny any more!

Welcome aboard mate, post up a little intro about yourself over here:

http://www.mx5atlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

Comment

Haha! Should I not mention that his is white as well, a white widebody. Very sexy car.
                  John, adding you to the list sir. :) Do know what PSI that was at?

Originally posted by miata5620
                  Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by amaff View Post
                    (I know there shouldn't be any discussion here, but I think it's pertinent)

Why'd you opt to go with different dynos, especially since the Dynojet is renowned for being incredibly consistent?
                    Dynojets are fun to make pulls on because they give you big numbers, but you can't do any tuning on (most of) them.
                    DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                    | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                    | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
                      Dynojets are fun to make pulls on because they give you big numbers, but you can't do any tuning on (most of) them.
                      Indeed. Tuning at DIY was really the only option in my book. Not only were they familiar with tuning with MS (whereas Dynolab as not) but they also had a load-bearing dyno which is much better suited to fine-tuning fuel and ignition maps. Really the only rreason I went to Dynolab in the first place was that I was ignorant of dyno types and he was literally in my backyard.

Also, that 105hp run was on a Dynopak, not a Dynojet ;)
                      ITBs RULE!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!
                      I'm using ITBs on stock internals!!
                      sigpic
                      Chean Chay: they dont have pho in mexico
                      Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
                      -Ambrose Bierce
                      here's the thing. if you disagree with someone's opinion, having better hair does not make you right. it makes you a ******bag.

Comment

My dyno numbers are at 8psi of boost. Sorry, I forgot to include that the first time.
                        1991 with Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Ford conversion/ 382whp/376tq

Comment

Balanced Performance's dyno is load bearing :)

I think it would be fin to one day/weekend to take one members car and take it around to as many different dynos and see how much they vary :lol: But if several of us use the same dyno at the same shop.. at least the numbers will be comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by Doppelgänger View Post
                            Balanced Performance's dyno is load bearing :)
                            I've heard that, but when I was there with my silver car, the dyno was NOT steady state. I think they got a new one though maybe.
                            DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Originally posted by ben91 View Post
                              yep, that makes sense. Big numbers, but you could go to any dynojet in the country on any given day and weather conditions and make pretty much the same numbers within a fairly small percentage of error. That's the real reason I like them, because "numbers" pulls on them are really comparable.
                              ~Andrew
                              Atlanta Region SCCA
                              D Prepared Miata

Comment

Yes & No & Not really any different than pulling on say a Mustang anywhere. You only see dynojets more commonly because they are significantly less expensive.

It's tough to compare turbo cars around the country since altitude changes. Plus gas is different everywhere.
                                DIYAutoTune.com

Comment

Working...
                                X