Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^Cheez-it, sitting proudly at the bottom of the turbo NB list.

:cry:
    2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
    2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

• :lol: Don't worry, I haven't gotten mine done yet and I'm only running 7psi.

Originally posted by miata5620
      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

• SlickFinish, where did you get your dyno done? 236 whp on a Mustang dyno with a 2560 is crushing it! On a dyno jet, you could easily be looking at 260-280 whp.

let me know where and I'll take mine over and have them spin the rollers. I would really like Ripley there to advise the guy on the Hydra as well as what's under my hood. There's a dyno posted on Miata.net currently of pretty much my exact setup, a 2871r, 3" exhaust and 700cc injectors running the same hydra version and he was at 260 at 10 psi and 305 at something like 14psi. At this point it would be great to know. We were going to dyno it a while back, but the day it was scheduled I had to take my son to the hospital for a concussion and one of the dogs in to the vet, so it never happened. It certainly feels like a let down, like the build isn't really finished yet.
        Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
        RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

• Doug at DBW Motorsports.

DBWMotorsports.com

Just opened 3 weeks ago off exit 13 on 400.

This is the same Doug that used to own Top Speed until he sold it in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by harrybeachdog View Post
            I make 10psi by 2800 rpm's, but I've gotta stop having giant lumpy overlap as soon as I get in boost. Shame there's no boost input on VVTuner to actively change target angle based on Map.
            Uhm, there is. It's the obvious MAP sensor connection on the side. VVT angle for best torque is dependent on RPM, not manifold pressure anyway.
            DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
            | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
            | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

• Originally posted by ben91 View Post
              Uhm, there is. It's the obvious MAP sensor connection on the side. VVT angle for best torque is dependent on RPM, not manifold pressure anyway.
              Thanks for calling me on my bullsh!t. I was way too tired at the time of posting. I was messing with exactly that not 1hr before posting, so I was just being retarded. I'll fix OP.
              Harrison -- I like modifying stuff. Current - White 92
              Past - 96 Montego, 94 Red, 90 Red, 97 Black.
              Everybody always need more of 2 things: Whp and Cowbell.

Comment

• At B Spec Tunings Dynojet I made 100.23 hp and 89 ftlbs with a cat back and air filter on an NA with a 1.6 with 232,630
                Attached Files
                Last edited by GTOTT97; 04-04-2015, 05:11 PM.
                Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

• You could move that torque curve a little forward by advancing the timing if you haven't already. I'm shocked that a 1.6 with just an exhaust and that many miles would put down 100hp.

Do you have power steering?

Comment

• Alex, this was with Standard correction. But it was only 2 hp behind a Honda with a d18 with VTec. Yo.it did put down healthy numbers for a stock ecu with no extra advance.
                    GTOTT97 - Shame you didn't get a pic of the whole graph, I had him start one of your runs at like 1300RPM's.
                    Harrison -- I like modifying stuff. Current - White 92
                    Past - 96 Montego, 94 Red, 90 Red, 97 Black.
                    Everybody always need more of 2 things: Whp and Cowbell.

Comment

• Well a bump in timing will pull back the peak HP number, but it should move the meatier part of the torque curve further forward.

Comment

• Once I get my brakes sorted and a timing light I'm going to advance to 13.5 per Harrison's recomendation. Already run prem fuel so no big deal
                        And yes I do have power steering and ac, two things I want to lose
                        Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

• And yes I do have power steering and ac, two things I want to lose[/QUOTE]

Really, don't do it. The three horsepower you save won't make up for the killing your resale value. Removing the AC only makes sense if you are going to be converting the car to a pure spec Miata race car.
                          Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
                          RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

• I don't know about that. I've really been thinking of removing my ac and ps, and my car is not a race car. It's a track car that occasionally gets driven on the street. Loosing an extra 20 (or more?) lbs plus added simplicity would be worth it to me. Yea, I may not be able to drive it to work in the warm months but who cares. Also, on a car with a rebuilt title and a bunch of track mods I'm not too concerned about resale.
                            2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
                            2017 NV3500

Comment

• I've got a salvage title and I'll get rid of this car once it's totaled so resale is not an issue for me
                              Slip 'N' Slide

Comment

• Originally posted by oldgrayfrog View Post
                                Really, don't do it. The three horsepower you save won't make up for the killing your resale value. Removing the AC only makes sense if you are going to be converting the car to a pure spec Miata race car.
                                I guess I'll just push my 94 R-package off a bridge, as no one would buy a Miata without power steering and a/c. :( I'll go advise everyone else with an R or Club Sport to do the same.

It's just a Miata. Mod it in whatever way you feel is best for you. A typical NA Miata isn't worth more than a few grand, so you literally don't have much to lose.

I don't know what the 3 horsepower comes from (do you mean drag on an a/c compressor when the mag clutch is not energized?), but 3 hp on 90 hp is 3.3%. I'd call that significant.
                                DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                                | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                                | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

Working...
                                X