Clear All

• 1016381_10151580407938358_520853217_n.jpg
    NB2

@ 5 psi @ 12.1 AFR
    159.9 (160) HP
    144.1 (145) Tq

Mp45 stupid charger
    muffler delete
    Jackson racing power cards (fuel and timing)
    o2 sensor clamp
    Dynojet 248C :P
    Last edited by 780racer; 07-23-2013, 09:12 PM.
    sigpic
    2003 white miata with mods....

Why Miata? Because Race Car

Comment

• i think its due time we bring this back. i will be uploading my recent dyno visit soon. it might have been 105deg outside but she made some power!!
      1990 Red Turbo Miata BEGI kit GT2860RS
      RC550 Injectors/walbro fuel pump/MSPNp/1.6l with built bottom end/ factory head and original valve train.:banana:

Comment

• We had a site organized Dyno day about 2 years ago, didn't we?
        That happened literally weeks before I had my first Miata.
        What are the chances of doing that again? Or maybe we did and I just missed it?

Comment

• omg the temptation to ****ing modify....must....resist....
          MS2, VVT, 650cc, Spec S3, MMR, 6 speed, 4.30, AEM , ARP, ... one day ill get a real turbo

Comment

• We are no longer associated with the shop that did the last dyno day. So if anyone else wants to set something up it would be nice to have another one.
            2012 Acura TSX Sportwagon
            2001 NB track car that never gets driven

Comment

• I have access to a dynojet, 500 for the day, if there is enough interest, I'll make the call, we can make a meet out of it.
              1995 Miata in progress

Comment

• Was at dyno yesterday, made 250whp on dynojet at 9.5 psi with a full fm2 setup(2560) on the 05 VVT engine in my 96. Backed it down to 235 to keep it safer so I can drive stupidly. Will upload runs Monday when I grab them from the shop.
                Harrison -- I like modifying stuff. Current - White 92
                Past - 96 Montego, 94 Red, 90 Red, 97 Black.
                Everybody always need more of 2 things: Whp and Cowbell.

Comment

• Which shop did you use Harry? I've been curious about the horsepower the MSM is making in my 91' and would like to adjust for longevity as well.
                  Red '91, MSM longblock/BEGI-FM hybrid turbo w/2871r/3"Enthuza/Hydra2.7/700cc/Ohlins/
                  RacingBrake11"BBK/SS HDDD/Nakamae everything/KGWorks/Zoom/We're done!

Comment

• I used Batlground in Smyrna off of Atlanta Rd. They have a 4-wheel dynojet(can obviously run 2-wheel as well). They charge 150/hr for 2-Wheel dyno & tuning. If you just want to see what you're making, or you're using your own tuner, I think it's a bit cheaper over at Dynolab. +1 to Batlground, though. Top notch job.

Comment

• Battleground is a good shop, Jason is a friend of mine

Comment

• I made 236.8 hp and 209.9 torque @ 12 PSI on a Mustang dyno.

Car is a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata with a FM2 conversion. Full 3" FM exhaust, ebay FMIC.

Kind of disappointed in the torque, any thoughts? Does the fact that 2750 lbs for weight was entered?

Miata Dyno.jpg

Comment

• Kind of disappointed in the torque, any thoughts?

Does not look bad to me... pretty flat between roughly 3500 and 6500rpm- very useable range. Remember that dynos really shouldn't be compared to each other. The 209 on this dyno might be 250 on another one (or 175).

AFR readings look great!
                          Sean O
                          2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

• Don't get me wrong, it's very flat torque. I just found it odd that I had the same dyno torque from my factory turbo as I do on the 2560 Garrett. The butt dyno feels WAY more torque than before though.

All in all I'm very happy. Doug at DBW Motorsports took care of me. Only took 2 dyno hours to get this from the flyin Miata base map.

Oldgrayfrog should get his done! I'm curious to see another MSM motors results!

Comment

• I make 10psi by 2800 rpm's, but I've gotta stop having giant lumpy overlap as soon as I get in boost. I've been playing with the VVT and Vics trying to mess with spool, and I think the VICS showed most improvement when activated at 3800Rpms. Big thanks to B-Spec Tuning!
                              Was pleasantly surprised with whp at 10 psi.
                              Last edited by harrybeachdog; 03-07-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aSlickFinish View Post
                                Oldgrayfrog should get his done! I'm curious to see another MSM motors results!
                                I'm still curious what Dave's car makes, considering the larger turbo (GT2871R), Square Top Manifold, etc.

This was an MSM with FM intake and exhaust mods:
                                7. Sawyer - 195rwhp/183rwtq - 10psi - DynoJet

Originally posted by miata5620
                                Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Working...
                                X