Installing aftermarket radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing aftermarket radio

and taking out stock double din cd player. Any problems I should be wary of? How hard is it to take the tombstone off etc etc
    Kinda inherited the car from my Grandfather. Its a love hate relationship. lol

I don't think so if you have a harness and maybe a mounting cage.

Comment

I'm buying those this weekend. walmart mouting kit and go to an audio shop for the wiring harness

Comment

Tombstone requires removal of the center console as well. Be aware that there are 2 screws hidden up inside each of the eyeball vents, so you have to remove them to get to the screws. Also, don't forget to reinstall the harness to the hazards/headlight buttons. If you don't, once you turn the headlights on and then off, the lids will stay up no matter what. lol

Originally posted by miata5620
        Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

man...didnt think i'd have to pull all that off....might just pay a place to do it,lol

Comment

You can do this man...

Coming from someone that paid to have his done...

Comment

Originally posted by FlipKing View Post
              man...didnt think i'd have to pull all that off....might just pay a place to do it,lol
              Oh come on... it's easy. Takes about 10 minute max to clean all the stuff out of your console and then remove the screws. :)
              You going to be at the dyno day?

Originally posted by miata5620
              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

alright, been told by a few people taking the consol out isnt hard. Guess I'll try it this weekend.lol

Comment

Can't. the reason I had to cancel was b-c I got a job and work weekends now.

Comment

that may help.

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
                    1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

thats perfect! thanks!

Comment

radio install = noobest job ever. good place to start if you've never done anything. that said though, most big stores (heh, best buy is pretty much the only one around these days) will install for free if you buy the radio there, which I've done on a couple of my cars out of laziness even though I could have totally done it with 20 minutes and a screwdriver.
                        sigpic

Comment

I got an alpine cd player, never installed from what I can tell for $50 bucks,lol So no best buy. Its a lower model alpine, but I really like alpine products.

Comment

No problem. If any problems arise, let us know, I am sure one of us could guide ya or give you a hand if need be :)

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
                            1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Guide maybe, I live an hour and a half away. I dont think anyone would drive that far. Haha, although stefan did to help me with the cam swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X