Question for the people who have Wilwood Brake setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the people who have Wilwood Brake setups

Well this is in my plan for my car and i looked on the wilwood site and didn't see any brake set ups for miatas. Where there any crazy modifications needed to install, or is there just a simple kit? Any info would be great, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by caseyfoster; 02-26-2009, 11:09 PM.
    16' VW Golf R | 97 Salvagewon Eliminator | 90 SC'd Track Project

So... what's the question?

Comment

I think he wants info on any wilwood setups for miatas.

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda...-Packages.html

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
      1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

As for function(though slightly off topic) I had a Wilwood BBK on my Mustang and LOVED it. They performed flawlessly and stopped great, though would make quite the racket at certain temperatures. Also the dead cold stops weren't sketchy but deffinitely not as good as when warmed up. If your building a track car I recommend them. I also like the company they were very helpful with a couple of questions i had when i was putting it on and very friendly. My .02.
        '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

I have this set-up from Monster Miata. It works pretty good.

http://www.monstermiata.com/v8Miata_...ge=BrakePhotos
          1991 with Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Ford conversion/ 382whp/376tq

Comment

Originally posted by mustangtomiata View Post
            As for function(though slightly off topic) I had a Wilwood BBK on my Mustang and LOVED it. They performed flawlessly and stopped great, though would make quite the racket at certain temperatures. Also the dead cold stops weren't sketchy but deffinitely not as good as when warmed up. If your building a track car I recommend them. I also like the company they were very helpful with a couple of questions i had when i was putting it on and very friendly. My .02.
            The car will be my daily driver, prob wont see much track, i just want some big brakes. I love the way they look, as long as you can see them through the rims. hehe

ninja edit: To be honest i would be perfectly fine with just the front brake upgrade.
            16' VW Golf R | 97 Salvagewon Eliminator | 90 SC'd Track Project

Comment

You'll be fine daily driving. I'm sure they have more pad options for the miata than they had for the kit i had. It was hmm streetish or track. Also i bought braided lines, good pads, and brembo rotors. Of course me saying this is all useless since i have not put them on the car yet. :facepalm: at myself.
              '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tbone heller View Post
                I have this set-up from Monster Miata. It works pretty good.

http://www.monstermiata.com/v8Miata_...ge=BrakePhotos
                Have you met Mr. Bell?

Did your SC come in that awesome packaging they do where you have to chisel your SC out of a box of foam stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
                  Have you met Mr. Bell?

Did your SC come in that awesome packaging they do where you have to chisel your SC out of a box of foam stuff?
                  I think it took longer to unpack it than install it.
                  1991 with Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Ford conversion/ 382whp/376tq

Comment

Working...
                  X