• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air bag delete?

What size resister do i use?

As I recall its its 3 ohm.
    sigpic

Comment

thats what i thought but radio shack didnt have them and i got a 10 ohm it didnt work so idk.

Comment

Originally posted by miataspeed69 View Post
        thats what i thought but radio shack didnt have them and i got a 10 ohm it didnt work so idk.
        Try three 1 ohm resistors, or two 1.5 ohm maybe.
        You may want to double check the exact ohm rating on m.net. in case its 3.1 ohm or something. I am working from memory.
        It needs to have correct resistance otherwise controller will flash the light
        sigpic

Comment

yea will do that. I cant find it on there tho. ill have to look a little bit harder but as for today iv got to head to work so hopefully it will be noticable tommorow. thanks for the help

Comment

From Miata.net Garage....

Information in the archives varies, but on my car a 3 ohm, 1/4 watt resistor connected across the two leads in the blue connector running back into the car will fool the computer into thinking the airbag module is still there.
            sigpic

Comment

Just take the airbag out.

Comment

Originally posted by simontibbett View Post
                Just take the airbag out.
                Brilliant! How do you think of this ****?? :lol:

His car has an airbag controller that will still cause buzzers to ring and lights to flash.
                To remove that on his year model you must remove the dash and the heater plentum....a major pain compared to installing a resistor.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miataspeed69 View Post
                  Hmmm thinking more about that...I hope exceeding the ohm rating didnt 'blow' your controller.
                  If so nothing short of removing it will 'fix' that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Using a higher resistance resistor shouldn't cause any damage.
                    1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

Mine was just taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
                        Hmmm thinking more about that...I hope exceeding the ohm rating didnt 'blow' your controller.
                        If so nothing short of removing it will 'fix' that.
                        Sheit I took all my stuff out and hte light STILL comes on :lol:
                        ITBs RULE!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!
                        I'm using ITBs on stock internals!!
                        sigpic
                        Chean Chay: they dont have pho in mexico
                        Corporation: n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
                        -Ambrose Bierce
                        here's the thing. if you disagree with someone's opinion, having better hair does not make you right. it makes you a ******bag.

Comment

Remove the bulb.
                          1991 with Kenne Bell Supercharged 5.0 Ford conversion/ 382whp/376tq

Comment

My airbag light is on in the S but don't know why. I've cleared the light before but it just comes back on. I think I'm just going to remove the bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by MeFryRice View Post
                              My airbag light is on in the S but don't know why. I've cleared the light before but it just comes back on. I think I'm just going to remove the bulb.
                              In some cars that will trigger a buzzer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X