Advice On next mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice On next mod

I have a short ram intake, exintake cam, and putting a header on next week and advancing the timing. With out a turbo or spray,what should my next "power" mod be? I'm dong exaust this summer, so besides that.lol
    Last edited by FlipKing; 02-24-2009, 12:16 PM.
    Kinda inherited the car from my Grandfather. Its a love hate relationship. lol

ECU.

Comment

Will an ECU really cause a difference with my small mods?

Comment

Yeah they can help out quite a little bit. And are also good for the future if you plan on doing something major. For the early Miata if you can remove the AFM you can free up a bit of power too.

Comment

When I removed my AFM it felt like a different car.

Comment

But for that you'll need a stand alone unit like the Megasquirt. If you go the piggyback route you can mess with a few ratios and maybe squeeze a little extra power out. I think doppelganger had decent success with an apexi SAFC.

Comment

wait, AFM? and any specific ECU?

Comment

What year is your car?

HKS makes a AFM delete.

Comment

Unless you go with an ECU youre probably maxed out after the exhaust. :lol:
                  sigpic

Comment

Which might only be making up for the intake. Not all intakes do good for the Miata, well from reading that's what I've discovered at least.

Comment

1995, what is the AFM? and how does it help to get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by FlipKing View Post
                        1995, what is the AFM? and how does it help to get rid of it?
                        Air flow meter...in the intake tract.

Megasquirt (and others) can be made to work using other sensors
                        alleviating need for it....thus ridding your intake of a bottleneck.
                        sigpic

Comment

Will also sound cooler lol.

Comment

Ohhhh,so buy getting another ECU, that would allow me to do the AFM delete also.

Comment

Yes, basically.

Comment

Working...
                              X