Bump Stop kits (which one?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump Stop kits (which one?)

I just purchased some Koni Sport Yellows for my NA, its been a long time(1996) since I looked into miata suspension setups/products. I've heard numerous folks rant on about FCM bump stop kits, but is it all hype? Can something else be had for cheap from local auto parts stores or dealerships? I was eyeing the mount kit with bump stops for about $300 total, tell me what I should do. http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/FCM...roducts_NA.htm
    I don't plan on running my miata in SCCA events or track days, I just want to be able to give it hell if I want and it take it. I've had great experience in the past with Koni shocks and the great improvement with stock springs, so I'm gonna be keeping my stock springs for the time being. Please halp me.
    91 BRG #3240
    Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
    Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Why don't you call Shaikh from FCM and ask him? He knows better than all of us, and from my experience, is more honest about what products would help you the most, or with the most value, than many vendors. He won't just try to sell you all the expensive goodies, but will explain the benefits of different packages.

That said, I have FCM mounts, bumps, and sleeves/perches, and couldn't be happier for what I do with the car.
    93LE | 9psi | 16g turbo | MSPNP w/ IAT, EBC, vTPS, HR10g | 11"x12"x3" core FMIC
    R-pkg Bilsteins | 300f/220r 2.5" springs | FCM sleeves/perches/mounts/bumps | frame rail reinf.
    4.10 Torsen | 2¼" Maganflow cat & ebay exhaust | Mishimoto rad

Comment

Awesome. Thanks. I just wondered if anyone has any experience with anything else that could be compaired to the FCM's, and I don't really want to call the guy about his products and ask him what I can buy instead of his stuff.
      91 BRG #3240
      Have you ever seen a guy driving a Mazda Miata and thought, “man, I wish that was me!”? Neither have I.
      Aside from the fact that this car screams “I’m fabulous!” from every angle, this car was made for the guy who wants to drive down the coast with his new scarf from Wal Mart flapping in the breeze. If you own a Miata you're one of three things: in the closet, a woman, or a ******bag.

Comment

He's a good guy and will make sure you end up with what's best for you, no matter who you buy it from. It just so happens he makes some of the best developed bump stops for the Miata. I have a set and although I can do a direct comparison of the stops alone as they were part of my whole new setup, I do like what I have going on.

Comment

OKAY, OKAY...STOP YELLING AT ME!

I bought the FCM's.:biggrin:

How much horsepower does it add? 5-10?
          91 BRG #3240

Comment

:lol: noob, try 36.8!

Comment

I can't get in touch with this guy. I order it and paid through paypal on Feb 23, and emailed him several times and called him several times and left messages. No response? Is this guy dead? The FCM is a big FAIL so far, I should of just order the flyin miata kit.
              91 BRG #3240

Comment

Very odd, and very much unlike Shaikh.
                93LE | 9psi | 16g turbo | MSPNP w/ IAT, EBC, vTPS, HR10g | 11"x12"x3" core FMIC
                R-pkg Bilsteins | 300f/220r 2.5" springs | FCM sleeves/perches/mounts/bumps | frame rail reinf.
                4.10 Torsen | 2¼" Maganflow cat & ebay exhaust | Mishimoto rad

Comment

Okay...I just recieved an email from him, he says he's waiting on the bump stops to arrive and hope they'll be here tomorrow and seemed very apologetic in his email...but only after my last email stated if I didn't hear back from him by tomorrow I would have to get paypal involved in a refund. That must of been the bat signal for him...and no I wasn't an asshat to him, but I atleast need to be responded too. I've emailed him several times and called and left messages 2 days in a row being nice and just asking about my order. Atleast I got a response. Who knows how much longer it will be before I can put my car back together.
                  91 BRG #3240

Comment

That sucks to hear man. It's unfortunate hearing about respected vendors not providing stella customer service.

Comment

He emailed me saying he's waiting on the 46mm bump stops to arrive and then he'll ship it out...so maybe next weekend I can get it going.
                      91 BRG #3240

Comment

Working...
                      X