• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay gasket kits

OK keep any BS out of this, just keep to the facts

Anyone use a gasket kit such as:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...4506.m20.l1116

I am mostly wondering about the head gasket, intake, exhaust and valve gaskets.

I need to get my 1.8 put together ASAP now as the 1.6 is starting to die.

Thanks
    1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
    2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Not I. I just searched on mt.net for a certain thread because I remember someone reporting that one of the major gaskets was all wrong, and they found out that while all the other gaskets were for their BP, the one that didn't fit was from some other car. Other than that, I can't really recall anyone using them.

However, if you do feel like getting that, you are more than welcome to compare it to the box of OEM gaskets I have sitting at my house to make sure that everything at least looks to be correct.

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
      Not I. I just searched on mt.net for a certain thread because I remember someone reporting that one of the major gaskets was all wrong, and they found out that while all the other gaskets were for their BP, the one that didn't fit was from some other car. Other than that, I can't really recall anyone using them.

However, if you do feel like getting that, you are more than welcome to compare it to the box of OEM gaskets I have sitting at my house to make sure that everything at least looks to be correct.

Can you post the link??

There is a gasket in the kit that doesn't look to fit on the 1.8 miata. Kinda looks like maybe it is for a two piece intake manifold.
      1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
      2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Still can't find it with any search terms. :( I think it was in a build thread now that I think about it. Probably nothing of any big concern, I'm sure that if you find something that doesn't fit your car, the seller would take care of it. Seems like by his feedback and what he wrote, he would take care of any issues.

The manifold gasket you're referring to is for the Protege's VICS system, so yeah, you're right.

Give it a shot man, not that expensive and seems that everyone that has bought one is happy with the quality and such.

Originally posted by miata5620
        Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

my friend got one of those for his nb 1.8 when he was rebuilding it and they sent him the kit for the na 1.8
          other than that it was a good kit.

Comment

Working...
          X