I got a question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a question?

i have heard many things about ground control coil overs! good and bad stuff! i really dont car about what the ride quality is! im looking for a company that produces quality and cheap coilovers, because im not made of money!
    95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!
    79 Corolla Gutted, weber 32/36, Header, Volk Rays, Ghetto slammed :lol:

Ground Control is good stuff...

Buy eBays, don't listen to the haters who will post below me.

Comment

what do i look for! do i look for the actual coil over the the ones that slide over struts! like i said i dont care about ride comfort! if i cared about that i would go buy a luxury car!
      95 R-package 6 speed, MSPNP, AEM WB UEGO, HDHCDD, Walbro 190lph, stock inj, GT2860RS V-band, ARTech Manifold, 3"TBE, TiALMVS 38mm WG, Blitz BOV, NO BOOST!

Comment

The ones that slide over the shocks are cheapest. Also called adjustable spring perches if you want to be technical. If you want eBay's type in Miata coilover lol, they are like $50-60 usually.

Ground Controls are like $350-400.

You can put the springs off Ground Controls on eBay perches, and play with rates, do you just want to be lowered?

Comment

lowered with handling!

Comment

Why not just buy springs?

Comment

because, im gonna be buying the tuckin 99 fender flares, and im gonna be running 15x9 inch wheels! and i want to be able to fill up most of the arch, the flares arch are higher than the stock arch! springs will only lower me so much!

Comment

Cut them lol.

Well if I was you and wanted to spend little I'd buy eBay coilovers, but install them right you will have to fab some stuff for them to be on correctly they are all generic.

If not that buy some Ground Controls, can't go wrong there.

Comment

ill probably do ground controls! if you look in the post about the wheels u just posted you can see the flares im talking about! the only diff is i want to run 15x9's, the miata has 16x9's in front and 16x10's in the rear!

Comment

Man you change your mind so much it's making my head spin. :lol:

I guess I'm going to play the "hater" role here and caution you against considering eBay coilovers... But I won't stoop so low as to tell you not to listen to other's input. Opinions open up choices.

Originally posted by miata5620
                    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

i have never been to fond of ebay brand stuff! i was considering ground control! i heard they are pretty decent! it just doesnt ride smooth! i heard there very stiff! i dont mine that!

Comment

Why do you sell so much?!?! They are only as smooth as you make them! They are used largely in road racing! So they must be good right?!

Comment

im not saying that ebay brand coil overs are bad! its just i have bought ebay brand stuff before and it turned out to be crap!

Comment

What shocks are you (planning on) running?
                            DIYAutoTune.com

| 10AE-T | BEGi S4 | GT2560r | Enthuza | 6UL | MS3Pro PNP|
                            | 2001 Track Rat | Enthuza | Jenvey | MS3Pro PNP | Exocet in Progress|
                            | 1992 323 | Wrong-wheel-drive Miata Endurance Racecar|

Comment

bilstein, kyb, agx, deff not stock!

Comment

Working...
                              X