Enthuza axle-back exhaust
    Flyin' Miata mid-pipe
    DIY cold side intake
    CX-Racing aluminum radiator
    Walbro 255lph fuel pump
    Hard Dog M2 Sport Double Diagonal roll bar
    Swift springs
    Tokico HP shocks
    Rota Circuit 8 wheels in bronze (15x6.5")
    Falken Ziex 912 tires (205/50-15)
    JDM-only cloth seats
    Hard top (and soft top removed)
    NB2 gauge cluster
    NB2 Nardi steering wheel
    Racing Beat rear sway bar w/Racing Beat adjustable end links
    eBay strut tower bar
    CDM-TYTE #1 4-2-1 Header

Coming soon:
    Torsen diff - NOPE
    NB2 headlights w/HIDs
    NB2 "surf board" side skirts - NOPE
    GV lip? OEM lip? - NOPE
    Paint the car blue to match the passenger fender and hard top! - MAYBE
    Replace the OEM 135,000mi clutch? - Hopefully soon

The story:
    (I posted a lot of this on IA, but I figured I'd put it here as well)

After buying a 91 240SX as a DD, and then immediately swapping in a SR20, my DD soon became project car #2. I had the 240 from 2005 until about a month ago, when I decided that I needed something that was newer, got better mpg, was more comfortable, and more reliable. I was originally going to buy an 09 Fit, but I decided that another car payment wasn't one of the things I was looking for! (The payments for the wife's Mazdaspeed3 were enough)

So I started looking for an NB Miata. I knew I wanted a little more torque (you look for this kind of thing when you weigh 260 and want to drive a tiny car), and I wanted a car that wasn't TOO old. After almost buying a car in Orlando, I found a '99 about 1 mile away from my house. I talked the guy down to the KBB for "fair" condition...$4625. When I got it, it had a CEL, broken antenna, bigass dent in the fender, a torn up driver's seat, two non-working windows, and a few other annoying things.

I replaced the antenna, then addresses the CEL. Turns out it was EGR-related. After doing some research, I decided to take apart the intake mani and clean it out. Sure enough, after that and replacing most of the vacuum lines under the hood, the CEL went away! The car drives like a champ now.

I picked up a set of JDM seats from JHOT for a whopping $170. They're in mint condition, and I've never seen anything like them on a US car.

I've already installed a front strut tower bar, and ordered a bunch of other little things. As far as real mods, I'm planning on getting a hard top, and then upgrading the springs and shocks. Otherwise, the car will remain stock, and I'll get back to work on my '89 Mirage Turbo. EDIT: BWAHAHAHAHAHHA! Stock my ***.

Anyway, here are the pics:

Last edited by MoD_Scotty; 10-22-2009, 01:21 AM.
    1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

RE: My 1999

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome! Sounds like you're going all Mazda in the family. lol

Originally posted by miata5620
      Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

i wanna see the mirage lol :)
        DIE WHITE GIRLS

Comment

Good looking car, man. How was it dealing with JHot? I'd like to add a few trinkets to my own car.
          Friday nights 7-9 PM, go to www.ksuradio.com and listen to Owl Oldies. Visit our Facebook group for any requests and suggestions. Classic Kevin - 60s and 70s on OWL Radio

Comment

Clean car, I do like the steering wheel quite a bit more than my own.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I've been dealing with JHOT for years (my wife actually worked there for a year, too). Gabe and Diana that work in the front office are friends of mine, and are easy to work with. The only crappy thing is that the prices are set by the owner (currently runs the TX store), and IMO, is pretty much a ******bag. But since he lives in TX, I never have to deal with him personally.

They almost never get Miata parts though. If you have a Civic or a 240, you're in luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jesseealexander
                i wanna see the mirage lol :)
                Sho nuff!

(Not me with the hose, I'm in the driver's seat)

(Not me standing next to it, I'm taking the pic)

Here's the Galant VR4 RS 4G63T w/16G turbo that's about to get dropped in:

Comment

hey, its my car with a spoiler!

Comment

welcome!!

Comment

HARDTOP! Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic, and the car and top are dirty as hell, but you get the idea. It's actually a blue top, but from a distance (and in crappy cellphone pics, it almost matches). I'll paint it eventually.

Comment

hell yes! banana banana

Comment

I'm totally removing the soft top this weekend, I hate hearing it bounce around back there. Also, does anyone know what it takes to mount striker plates by the seatbelt towers in an NB? I'm going to pull off the plastic trim pieces to see if I can just screw them in. The top fits really securely with just the top latches and the frankenstein bolts, but I'd like to make use of all four latches.

BTW, I LOVE the extra visibility of the hard top's window. That huge blindspot is totally gone! Good times.

Comment

Looks a lot better with the hardtop!

Comment

Hardtop FTW!

There are threaded holes in the sides for the side striker bolts, best way is to see where they are at, and then cut the panels appropriately to allow the striker plates to be mounted, and that's about it. Just don't make the hole in the panel too big, or it will show when you mount the plate over it.

Originally posted by miata5620
                              Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Working...
                              X