Ricks's 13' Club Roadster Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricks's 13' Club Roadster Turbo

To date I've owned 6 Miatas- stock NA, stock NB, NA with a supercharger, The NB "disco potato" turbo car, and the infamous LFX Miata NA.

This one is my 1st NC and I love it (to be fair I've loved them all). The PHRT is awesome- combines the best things about having a hardtop but push a button and in 10 seconds it's gone- no hoist required!

i did a LOT of reading since buying the car. Always planned on a LS3 conversion to balance out my Miata conversions but it's just so much $$. I figured about $30k with $0 for labor. Plus the car. Ugh.

So 4 other options exist: 2.5 swap, supercharger, turbo, and of course just leaving it alone (hahaha).

I decided to turbo.

Its much less $$ than the LFX OR LS3 swap, and about the same as the supercharger. It does give me more flexibility down the road if 300rwhp isn't enough (again, hahaha). Its also been done a lot less which has an appeal- not sure why, but being a pioneer is appealing.

Then there is the quality of the Fab9 kit- oh my. All SS, V-band goodness. Bar and plate IC. Super high quality stuff. Brian was running a special so the free injectors was a nice bonus. Ordered the stuff last week.

Of course just power power is a recipe for failure. Supporting mods are required and the suspension, brakes and cooling all need to be up to the task. I installed a set of Ohlins this weekend with Progress sway bars. The car is at Butler now for new shoes- Michelin Pilot Supersports- 245/40/17 mounting on Enki RPF1s. Exhaust will be custom Enthusza.

Ill keep this thread updated as I work in the build.
    Sean O
    2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Some pics...IMG_7592.jpgIMG_0001.jpgIMG_0004.jpg
    Sean O
    2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

IMG_7595.jpg
      Sean O

Comment

IMG_7602.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_7603.jpg
        Sean O

Comment

IMG_7644.jpgIMG_7643.jpg
          Sean O

Comment

IMG_7659.jpg
            Sean O

Comment

Nice camber :)
              The only thing that oughta be hella flushed is a toilet.
              http://www.miataramblings.blogspot.com

Comment

I like the turbo choice. People expect 300+hp from a v8, but not from your stock engine.

Interesting to see the stops on the sway bar. When I ran showroom stock in a 91 Miata, some tracks (like Rockingham oval) would pull the sway bar all the way to the bend from Gs on the high bank.
                | 90 Miata | Turbocharged Stock Mazda FE-dohc 2.0L engine swap | 302whp 281ftlbs |

Comment

Awwwwwww yeah! Subscribed!
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh my! Sean this is going to be one cool build.

I'm the first to call dibs on this when you eventually decide to sell it! (Time and Date Stamped ;-)
                    sigpic
                    Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

Comment

This is going to be awesome!
                      - Lee -
                      '13 Liquid Silver Metallic Club PRHT | SOLD!
                      '06 Sunlight Silver Touring | Mazdaspeed springs & sways | SOLD!

Comment

The Fab9 turbo kits is so beautiful. I've talked to Bryan in person about it quite a bit. I'd dive right in if it didn't cost $10k to boost. For that reason, I've chosen to leave my powertrain alone for now.
                        2007 True Red Miata

Comment

This is going to be exciting! Pretty parts too!
                          sigpic

Comment

gotta watch this one too! subscribed.

Comment

Exciting!

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
                              1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X