LagunaRoadster's 2013 Club MX5 Build Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LagunaRoadster's 2013 Club MX5 Build Thread 2.0

Thanks for joining me, I have made a new Build Thread due photobucket's changes in the way they host images.... anyways. Here's the good stuff:

2013 Mazda MX5 Miata
    Crystal White Pearl
    Club trim
    6-Speed
    29,500 miles.

Current Modifications & Tweaks:

Cravenspeed Stubby antenna
    SuperbrightLEDs rear license plate lamp bulbs
    Triton V3 turn signal & brake light LEDs
    LED foglamp DRLs
    JDM Foglamp housings
    Plastdipped emblems
    eBay trunk lip spoiler

SuperbrightLEDs interior light
    Guardian custom steering wheel
    Voodoo black shift knob
    CG Lock
    Miata.net sourced CB radio hookup
    Smart 3rd brake flasher
    SmartTOP Module

Racing Beat sway bars (Added Dec '13 @ 3700 Miles)
    Ohlins Road & Track coilovers (Added Jan '14 @ 5200 Miles)
    17x9 Enkei RPF1 wheels, custom powdercoated gunmetal (Added Apr '14 @ 6500 miles)
    Custom old school M center caps (Added Apr '14 @ 6500 miles)
    235/40R17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-11 tires (Added Apr 2014 @ 6500 miles)
    235/40R17 Nitto NT-05s (Added May 2020 @ 28,500 miles)
    Agency Power Front Brace
    Agency Power Middle Brace
    IL Motorsport Rear lower Performance Bar
    IL Motorsport MX5 X-Brace
    IL Motorsport MX5 Miata Shock Tower Brace

GWR Roadstersport Max Power Header (Ceramic Coated version) (May 2015 @ 16,000 miles)
    GWR Roadstersport Midpipe (May 2015 @ 16,000 miles)
    GWR Roadstersport Super-Q Exhaust (May 2015 @ 16,000 miles)
    Tuning Done Right ECU Tune (May 2015 @ 16,000 miles)
    Last edited by LagunaRoadster; 08-06-2020, 08:32 PM.

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
    1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

I bought the MX5 in October, 2013. I traded in my blue 2008 VW R32. I had moved over to working only in town, and I didn’t need all of the room of the VW and it also had some electrical issues, so it was time to get rid of it.

My first couple of mods shown here are the coilovers, dipped reflector covers (later changed to JDM reflector deletes), painted calipers, and sway bars.

Got some photos with user Spikke, aka Joe.

I updated the exterior signals and brake lamps with VLED’s Triton V3 LED bulbs. They are one of my favorite mods, and they are really bright. Here’s a few different photos of them in use:

One side installed (passenger side)

Not Illuminated

Running Lights

Turn Signals

Running Lights

Turn Signals

These make the headlights and signals appear clear instead of reflecting orange when not illuminated.
    Last edited by LagunaRoadster; 08-27-2017, 09:51 PM.

1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Then I got the Enkeis:

And I got some cool centercaps made:

Rolling Shots:

I took it up to the Dragon’s Tail:

I installed this Guardian Steering wheel that came from Greece:

Last edited by LagunaRoadster; 08-27-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

These are some of my favorite photos I’ve taken of my little Miata.

http://imgur.com/5flPDDn

In October 2014, I started going out of town more often, and needed a larger vehicle…
        So I got another R32!

I got the JDM reflector deletes as shown here installed:

And this antenna:

And all of these monkey bars and the exhaust:

Last edited by LagunaRoadster; 08-27-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I brought the Miata back up to Deals Gap in April 2017, and got some photos from Killboy!

I sold my red R32 privately in March of 2017 to get a Golf R, I also got a house in April 2017:

Last edited by LagunaRoadster; 08-27-2017, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Congrats! You've picked the correct image hosting site. ;D
            2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Thanks. I remember seeing your car at one of the events (?) and it made an impression... recently picked up its twin!
              Sean O
              2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by carnut169 View Post
                Thanks. I remember seeing your car at one of the events (?) and it made an impression... recently picked up its twin!
                aww! twinsies!

Comment

Tell me about the Ohlins... thinking about a set but $2k. Worth the $$?
                  Sean O
                  2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by carnut169 View Post
                    Tell me about the Ohlins... thinking about a set but $2k. Worth the $$?
                    Great upgrade, I'm happy I went with them, and would buy them again. I'll let ya drive it sometime, and you see if you think they are worth it.

Comment

Car looks great. I've definitely seen this one around town. I've got a '13 Club as well in red. About to get the GWR max power header & catted midpipe installed.

Comment

I'll have to keep an eye out for you! I think your going to like the header and mid pipe, it adds a good bump in power. Make sure to get a tune to take advantage of all that additional airflow!

Comment

It looks like I haven't updated this thread in a few years! I think I have been keeping more up to date posts on Instagram :/ .

28,000 miles - Miata still runs great! Her name is "Crystal". Haven't added anything to it recently. I have taken it to the mountains a few times, and a weekend trip to Alabama since my last update, but it has stayed nestled in the garage during the winters. Some of the under ladder bracing makes this car difficult to navigate over speed bumps. I have since left it on, but really avoid taking the Miata to perform daily duty tasks or places with obstacles. Best handler of the group, really feels like a slot car with all the suspension and chassis bits.

50,980 miles - I still have the Golf R. Her name is "Molly". I recently added a larger 8" OEM screen and surround to that. I also have my wife's Rotiform BLQs on my R with all season tires. I will put the OEM Pretorias and summer tires back on in a few weeks. I had the OEM Pretoria's powdercoated a really dark blue since my last update as well. The Golf does the majority of the daily duties and takes me anywhere I need to be for work which covers TN, SC, NC, FL, AL. It's a rock solid tourer and has plenty of tech/power/grip to do what I need it to. She's the fastest and the fattest of the group.

110,900 miles I picked up a 2005 MINI Cooper S in February! Her name is "Mary Jane". That has been a fun little project car, and I have been able to tinker with it. I added the OEM european tail lights to that car. I have also fixed a leaky power steering line, and next step is replacing a squeaky pulley. I anticipate much maintenance for this little one. She's twitchy and fun to drive. Will be great for errands, in town work, and some fun drives too.

Here's the fleet:

Last edited by LagunaRoadster; 03-10-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I think I saw you in the 13 club a couple years back.....lol.
                            it was on county line road and I was in a white NA with a roll bar and a v8 :)
                            96 white, built motor, gt2876r turbo, 345whp, 328wtq
                            2004 MSM, grey

Comment

Originally posted by 90redmiata View Post
                              I think I saw you in the 13 club a couple years back.....lol.
                              it was on county line road and I was in a white NA with a roll bar and a v8 :)
                              Sounds about right! I remember that too!

Comment

Working...
                              X