Back in a Miata!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in a Miata!

Just committed to buy my 7th Miata, but 1st NC. Had all favors from stock NA and NB to supercharged and turbo cars and some will even remember the LFX NA I sold to a guy in New Zealand.

The bug never really goes away!

This is one is a 2013 PRHT Club Sport. Always liked these. Bit of suspension work has been done, but I'm thinking there is one piece missing to my Miata puzzle- an LSX Miata. NCs are a bit easier to convert. I'll enjoy it as-is for a bit and save some $$ while I look for the best LSX I can find (likely an LS3).

See you guys at the track....

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Sean O
    2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Looks good!

Comment

Welcome back - my dad's had an itch to grab a PRHT - that looks like a good base. And just FYI - I'm making circuits that convert GM to Mazda dash's - when you do find your LS3. And make sure you use the LS1 pilot bearing if you're mating it up to a T56.

Comment

This isn't Dempsey's is it?

Lmk if you have any questions. NC's are fantastic, reliable Miatas.
        2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Sweet! Nice NC!

2013 NC MX5 Club - Build Thread ~ 2017 VW Golf R ~ IG: DroptopDestron
          1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Zadnak View Post
            This isn't Dempsey's is it?

Lmk if you have any questions. NC's are fantastic, reliable Miatas.
            Nope, I've still got mine.

1997 M *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1995 Laguna Turbo 281whp *SOLD - Build Thread ~ 1992 Black & Tan *SOLD

Comment

Here's the guide I used to make center caps for my RPF1s, I see yours don't have any, and you can make some for under $20: http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-tires...nter-rims.html

Comment

Thanks! Just ordered a set of center caps... Ohlins are OTW with progress sway bars. Did a big service this weekend- oil, trans, diff fluids and a major cleaning. Big brakes come next, then I need to decide on power. Always wanted to do a LS3 but the more I read, the Cosworth/ 2.5 combo looks like a winner. Bolt up the SC kit, then install a 2.5... easy/ reliable 300 rwhp for at least 1/2 the cost, prob closer to 1/3. Reality is that much more than that would be a handful.
                Sean O
                2017 Ford Raptor, 1998 Wrangler, 2013 PRHT Club Edition 2.5/ Fab9/ Ohlins, KTM 1190 Adventure

Comment

Welcome back! The NC is an under appreciated platform. Really liked mine on the track! You coming out to JZilla at Road Atlanta or AMP in Sept and Oct?

Cant wait to see this with more power.
                  sigpic
                  Current: 1994 Merlot (Turbo) Sold: Red '02 Turbo | 2010 - 2015 ~~~ 987 Boxster | 2012-2014 ~~~ Z4 ///M Roadster | 2015 - 2015 ~~~ Z4 3.0i (18k miles!)| 2018-2018 ~~~ 2006 Miata (Laci) | one track day ~~~ Exocet (Turbo!) | 2015-2019

Comment

Hola! So many things to do... October may be possible, we'll see. Three of my weekends in sept-oct are reserved for kids stuff (camping). Then I've got two family birthdays.... ugh. They will appreciate the Miata NC specific gifts, I'm sure. Hey honey, here's your Guardian alcantara steering wheel (damn you Dempsey!)!

I'm going to start a build thread (w/o photobucket this time- jerks) for this car.

Those pics came from the dealer- I can do better ;)
                    Last edited by carnut169; 09-05-2017, 05:56 PM.
                    Sean O

Comment

Nice! I'm curious to see what you end up doing with it as far as rolloever protection goes. And photobucket can kiss my ***.
                      2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
                      2017 NV3500

Comment

Originally posted by carnut169 View Post
                        Thanks! Just ordered a set of center caps... Ohlins are OTW with progress sway bars. Did a big service this weekend- oil, trans, diff fluids and a major cleaning. Big brakes come next, then I need to decide on power. Always wanted to do a LS3 but the more I read, the Cosworth/ 2.5 combo looks like a winner. Bolt up the SC kit, then install a 2.5... easy/ reliable 300 rwhp for at least 1/2 the cost, prob closer to 1/3. Reality is that much more than that would be a handful.
                        1. If you need help installing suspension, lmk. I've done full NC suspension 5 or 6 times.

2. I'd advise against a BBK. They are great for racing, but for street or track days, a good pad will stop the car just as well. The knuckle has to be ground a little bit for the fronts which I am not a fan of.

3. The 2.0L is pretty fun. Get a full exhaust with a tune, or just a tune, and it will transform the car. I have a PPE longtube header and midpipe for sale in Duluth for $500. It has about 12k miles on it. Midpipe has a cat and will pass emissions every time without a CEL.
                        2007 True Red Miata

Comment

Thanks. What size is the midpipe? The more I read the more appealing the fab9 EFR turbo is. 300 rwhp with near instant response. I will need a 3" midpipe though.
                          Sean O

Comment

Put down a deposit on the fab9 kit...
                            IMG_7595.jpgIMG_0004.jpg
                            Sean O

Comment

OMFG - this car is beautiful! Very nice Sean; your NB and NA were both so nice, I'm sure this one will be quite a stunner too.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X