The Carboy Adventures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Carboy Adventures.

This is all a bit old information, and really we're just playing catchup, so I'll summarize this as best as possible.
    Bought this bad man years ago, to replace my first (never forget your first) car.

2014-2015

R1-04489-014A.jpg

After some time, I figured it was finally time to start my carboy adventures.
    My first modification came in the form of some old Momo Cavallino steering wheel, and a Bride Artis.

IMGP0217.jpg

IMGP0700.jpg

After that enjoyed it for a wee bit. And I think a year later, or later in that same year did my first autocross event on really bald tires.

history.jpg

It was a great experience being able to go 110% without having to worry about y'know, hitting stuff and dying.
    I'm trying to get to as many of the Lanier events this year.

So after that, it was time to really start hitting the meat.

Got my first set of coilovers, a Bilstein setup (the top hats came later when I realized at my high height I was already bottomed out)

IMGP1166.jpg

It was quite the experience, it was my first really big modification, took me 2 days to complete. Out in the cold at night wishing I had never done this, but I survived and there was no greater feeling that having it drop back on the ground at it's new height. It wasn't very low, but compared to stock height the difference was amazing at the time.

IMG_2115.jpg

After that it was time for WHEELS.
    This is where the real trial and error began.

FALL 2015-SPRING 2016, 'Kev's first time buying wheels, oh the misery'

ATTEMPT 1 cool old 4x114.3 wheels with adapters.

IMGP0928.jpg

RESULT

NEVER FORGET.jpg

'This isn't right'
    Gutted, sold them off.
    ATTEMPT 2, RS Watanabe 14x6.5, 14x7. JACKPOT(?)

IMGP1199.jpg

RESULT, 'They're magnesium, so they may crack.' I get spooked by this information and sell them off for a hilariously amazing cheap price, though I didn't get them for that much either, it was still hastily sold off at a loss.

THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM

IMGP1216.jpg

IMGP1220.jpg

They're still on my car today, probably gonna kill them off at this year's autocross and get some RE71Rs and RPF1s later, maybe.

More to come later.
    grupertawesome.tumblr.com
Working...
X