The Girlfriend's 2000 LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Girlfriend's 2000 LS

So the insurance company wouldn't total her car and the body shop fixed it really well, so she's staying in the Miata community. :lol:

For now, mechanically the car is stock and it sits on OEM struts and Eibach springs, which keeps a comfortable ride, isn't bouncy or stiff, and lowers it just enough to get rid of the 4x4 look. She drives through the horrible Atlanta streets everyday for school and nothing big will be done performance-wise, so nothing more than that was necessary.
    Now the car also has a spoiler thanks to the body shop. I think it helps a lot for appearance.
    Next on the list is an intake, maybe an exhaust, wheels/tires, STB, rollbar, and that's about it.

Originally posted by miata5620
    Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

spoiler def gives it a better look i myself would like to get one when i get paint
    1990 Red Turbo Miata BEGI kit GT2860RS
    RC550 Injectors/walbro fuel pump/MSPNp/1.6l with built bottom end/ factory head and original valve train.:banana:

Comment

verrrahh nice verrah nice

Comment

Saw it at the tech day when you were doing the springs, the shop did a great job on the bodywork. Good looking car.
        sigpicLance
        2008 MX5 PRHT (sold)
        2014 Corvette Stingray Z51 Coupe
        1981 Morgan Plus 8, 2016 Morgan three wheeler

Comment

n33ds m0r b000tz
          1988 323 GTX--- The toy now :D
          2008 Mazdaspeed 3::SOLD ----- 1991 BRG NA8 Swap, Turbo::SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by lance View Post
            Saw it at the tech day when you were doing the springs, the shop did a great job on the bodywork. Good looking car.
            Agreed. I thought for sure it was done. They snuck the spoiler on there last Friday as they had to fix a few things here and there that we found.

Originally posted by wildfire0310
            n33ds m0r b000tz
            Boots? What is boots? :lol:
            Yes, I know, however, I'm not paying for the upgrades, so I don't get to choose the upgrades, only voice my opinion.

Eric's Garage ... You buy all the parts I tell you to and you will have a killer car... If you want other parts used your car will suck and it will cost you more...

Comment

Originally posted by RotorNutFD3S View Post
              Agreed. I thought for sure it was done. They snuck the spoiler on there last Friday as they had to fix a few things here and there that we found.

Boots? What is boots? :lol:
              Yes, I know, however, I'm not paying for the upgrades, so I don't get to choose the upgrades, only voice my opinion.

Boots... come on you don't know what boots is... man i figured you where up to date on all the new things...:biggrin:

boots = I need sleep

Comment

Some nice wheels will set the car off.

I dare you to show her the pink Rota D2s ;)
                You know she'll want them!

Comment

:lol: Funny you mention those, I just ran across a set and was sending her a picture message with them. We'll have to see what the reaction is. She likes pink, but not a ton of it, she keeps it pretty well balanced.

Comment

Yes PLEASE get new wheels. Also don't really like the sideskirt if that's what it is and that rear mud flap looking thing. But all that may look good with wheels I just hate those wheels lol. But clean base for a project and glad to hear it was fixed right.

Comment

lol I'm not a fan of the stock wheels either, that's why we're shopping... The sideskirts and rear mudflaps are part of the OEM LS appearance package. Won't be changing those out for anything else. She likes them. Overall, there's not much that's going to be done to this car.
                      And got the official "no" on the pink D2s. :lol:

Comment

The body shop did a really good job, looks like new. But as said above, some wheels would really set it off.

I really need to do one of these journals. :lol:

Comment

Whenever i repaint my car(black), i am highly considering doing pink wheels. My dad will have a heart attack.

:edit: where'd you get that wing from, i want one just like it.
                          '95 w/ now finished '99 swap, kyb agx's, flyin miata springs, sway bars, roll bar and more to come...sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mustangtomiata View Post
                            Whenever i repaint my car(black), i am highly considering doing pink wheels. My dad will have a heart attack.

DO it. I know someone on CR did a black NB with pinkish rims and it didn't look that bad.... just be warmed.... their will be no end to the gay jokes..:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by mustangtomiata View Post
                              eBay. About $100. It's OEM, they sell them on there in many different OEM colors, but we just bought one random one and the body shop stripped it and painted it her car's color, since it's Silverstone, but with a little more metallic flake in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X