Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '99 Black and Tan

So I think i have lurked long enough

In June of '08 i bought the car thinking i was getting a good deal at $5800. Drove the car for about a week and noticed the CEL just turned on. Scan revealed the EGR was probably on its last wing and prayer. The car had 90,000 miles on it so it was no surprise. Weeks turned into months and everything was fine. I started noticing the oil pressure would dip down when the engine was under vacuum. I then realized that the engine was burning massive amounts of oil. I thought it might be blow by but it doesnt matter now. On the way to the shop I work in the engiine developed a HARD knock. I made it to the shop on what I believe was three cylinders.. I have since replaced the motor with a 0 mile factory Mazda longblock. While I had the car under the knife I added a Racing Beat header for ****s and giggles. Here is my car.

As new info on the old block developes i will keep it updated as well as more pics and modifications
    Last edited by ranger250x; 01-14-2009, 12:11 AM.
    For sale: 1999 Black and Tan ____ $4500 FIRM

Beautiful car!
    sigpic

Comment

thanks

Comment

Cool to see another NB! Hit those center caps with some silver, or ditch em! I removed mine before I got new wheels. The car looks great though.
        1991 UK-spec MX-5 - https://www.facebook.com/djinovaband <<< METAL!

Comment

i've seen your car on satelite blvd. WOW! absolutely beautiful. thinking about painting the wheels and center caps black.

Comment

Sharp looking NB!

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ranger250x View Post
                i've seen your car on satelite blvd. WOW! absolutely beautiful. thinking about painting the wheels and center caps black.
                Mine? Probably not, I live in Augusta. The only time my Miata was in ATL was at the old school import meet a couple months ago.

Comment

really same color w/ hardtop even the wheels were bronze could have been 01+

Comment

My hardtop is actually blue. Hard to tell in low light though. But I need to find out who is out there crampin my style!

Comment

oh looks like a match in your avatar. lol i always say imitation is the greatest form of flatery....but who came first????

Comment

How long ago were you seeing this green NB on Satallite blvd and where would you see it? Was it really loud?

Ranger - try uploading/attaching the pics in your first post too, some of us with work filters cannot see them :D
                        Last edited by Doppelgänger; 01-12-2009, 11:49 AM.

Comment

oh looks like a match in your avatar. lol i always say imitation is the greatest form of flatery....but who came first????
                          LOL...they probably did! I didn't get these wheels til late October.

Comment

saw the car in early december 08. wasnt loud but he wasnt "on it"
                            editing first post for ya

Comment

saw the car in early december 08. wasnt loud but he wasnt "on it"
                              editing first post for ya
                              Ah, the only reason I asked is because when I had my green 99 (I had black wheels on it too..the ones pictured in my sig) , I lived off Satellite near GPM and was ALWAYS driving around there...thinking you might have seen me.

Comment

Working...
                              X